[SOLVED] Trait Conflict Gitch

Summary:

Some traits in the party customizer conflict with each other.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Roll a citizen many times.

Expected Results:

Traits like Empathetic and Stoic would not appear together.

Actual Results:

They do.

Notes:*

May be hard to achieve desired results.

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:

Alpha 22.5, no mods.

System Information:

Windows 10, 64-Bit

[SOLVED] Overlooked that there was no conflict.

I don’t think these traits are in conflict. Empathetic makes the Hearthling’s mood depend more on the mood of the environment rather than on individual impressions, while stoic makes it change their mood slower no matter what is the reason of that change.

There are some traits which would seem unlikely to appear together, but which don’t exactly conflict – this is a great example, another pair which comes to mind would be Loner and Charismatic, or Loner and Empathetic.

However, I haven’t seen any outright conflicts, e.g. Vegetarian and Carnivore or Pack Mule and Featherweight. So I suspect that there are some truly incompatible traits, while others are just really unexpected/unusual combinations.

1 Like

Whoops. Thanks for pointing that out. :slight_smile:

this has me thinking about appeal as well

is it possible for a blacksmith to hate anvils? something to look for in my new games now. might just spend some time re-rolling to see if I get something like that

basically a hearthling that loves their job but hates their tools. :confused:

oh no, I sort of confirmed some unwanted appeal. so I have a hearthlings that wants to become a blacksmith, but really likes the carpenter workbench. so its basically a throw away trait unless its intended that I build like a mega workshop so that he can pass it on his way to work?

1 Like