So who else payed more for the game than they feel they are getting

heh I decided to divide the price by how many hours i’ve played and I got 6 cents too lol

The game right now is not really what I envisioned the final product would be as well, but I definitely got my monies worth. I’m happy overall with what it is, but I wish there was more to it.

4 Likes

That’s odd, because I had a game that didn’t work at all and I got a refund. I certainly wouldn’t get any kind of refund for Stonehearth if I tried, but I don’t want to. Even at the $25 I paid, I got well over my money’s worth out of it. If I’d known about the kickstarter, I would have donated to that, but I came along after the fact.

I’ve enjoyed the hell out of this game in all the years I’ve had it. Even with the bugs. Even with the laggy performance. If I had been part of the KS, I would have been disappointed, but I would have gotten over it because there is still a game and the game is good.

Yes, it could be better, but that’s true of all games.

3 Likes

Like mentioned above: the game is built up as a mod, it’s meant to be modded, Its really customizable, hell, even the story you’re told depend on your decisions.

What I am trying to say is, the fact that this game is built up as a mod makes it really easy for modders to pick it up, and over at ACE that’s exactly what we are doing.

If you feel like you didn’t get enough out of the base game for the amount you payed, maybe you will feel like you got something out of it by the release of 1.1(ace).

Let us know at ACE what would change your opinion of it being worth the money, maybe we can prioritize it.

4 Likes

I have currently 1227 hours in this game. I can’t honestly say it wasn’t worth the money considering how much time I got out of it.

HOWEVER, I do have my own criticisms among them being the lack of stability and performance fixes. The last BIG beta release caused my stability and performance to absolutely tank. I have an AMD Ryzen 1700X with 16gb of DDR4 Ram and the game is running on an SSD. It shouldn’t be this laggy even in single player. I haven’t played it much since. If they can solidly fix the performance issues and get the rest of the bugs stomped out before it’s official full release I’ll say even in it’s current incarnation it’s still worth the 25$ I paid to get it on steam because of how much time I’ve spent in the game.

ALSO make the multiplayer better! please!!!

2 Likes

Honestly havent had problems in multiplayer, whats up with it for you?

Honestly i payed the 24.99 and still love this game, i do think they are fine leaving it as it is. I mean look at minecraft, it’s more bare bones i feel than stonehearth is and it’s amazing because of mods and the stuff people are allowed to do with it. Honestly i love the modders, they make amazing buildings and classes and races and a ton of other ideas, i would’ve been 10x more unhappy had the devs left out seasons and weather. Also could be worse, at least they’re letting mod makers add to it and they’re helping them out before they leave it, they honestly could’ve just ignored that but they didnt. Bravo to Radiant, they did a good job <3

5 Likes

I thought this was the ENTIRETY of Kickstarter to be honest.

4 Likes

Really good post :heart:

2 Likes

1 Like

I bought 3 copies, one for me and 2 for my kids via kickstarter and the post kickstarter sales. I think my cost turns out to be less than 7.5 cents an hour because I’ve played off Steam for at least some. Also I find the game ridiculously charming and relaxing. It’s kinda cool, too, knowing I helped out in my own small ways even if I’m not a modder. So no, no regrets.

4 Likes

I saw a vid on youtube saying that the game is now not coming out with half the stuff it says it was and that there moving onto other projects once once out, This mean we are left with half a game after all this time?

Honestly there just being dramatic. Were just not getting more depth. The games for the most part fully complete there just not adding some of the more in depth features like exploration(Cut for performance reasons.)

1 Like

hope we still get the magma smith, i think the water still needs a lil work as iv not been able to get a mote around my base right at all so far.

Magma Smith has been confirmed to be cut. As for the water I’d submit a bug report.

The right word is disappointment.

I played some hundreds hours too and accepted that there will be a lot of bugs and crashes. But I played this game with the following in my mind: The game will grow and will be polished and will reach the envisioned state once. But in the end, they had to make cuts and didn’t deliver like 1/3 of the KS promises.

While the development was very personal and professional in terms of communicating the development process to the community, I think the devs have made some mistake at some point. For example: Social interaction between hearthlings. The intention was to make hearthlings feel more alive, but the reality is, that I seldom recognize all the social features that took many month to be programed, polished and integrated into the game.

And the reason is: The bigger your town gets, the less interesting your individual hearthling becomes. Take Settlers 3 for example:

You didn’t care for individual settlers. You cared for the liviness that the mass of settler created. The same goes for the hearthlings in my opinion. Once you reach 20-30, you only care that your city feels alive, not the individual hearthling.

So in my opinion it would have been better to concentrate on important features like magma smith, underground building, elementals, (underground) dungeons and so on if you have known that you dont have much time left to work on SH. Implementing stuff that wasn’t asked for and leaving the important stuff for players out will of course lead to frustration and disappointment.

3 Likes

Very true, But now iv seen that screenshot i want play Settlers again. (dam you) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not even with water stones? (dig moat, put stones in with debug tools, wait till its full ish, remove all but one, remove last one when it’s suitably full?

Not getting more depth from the devs. Plenty of modding potential though for depth. My own to do list for mods can keep me busy for months alone, and I’m not even one of the most skillful ones!

1 Like

Ummm. I didn’t know that. Shows how much of a noob I am, Im not sure where the debug tool is. Only been playing for what 400+ hours lol.

1 Like

I fully agree with you but that the argument being made against the game/ devs. I love the game and wanna get back into modding when the game fully releases.