Slowdown with town 10+ villagers

Seems like every so often AI uses the main thread to decide what to do and freezes UI for a few seconds.

What are your PC performances (Processor, Memory, Video Card) ?

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release.151121-2308)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: Z87X-UD4H
BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/16/13 21:11:19 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8080MB RAM
Page File: 5505MB used, 6254MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: 12

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

Shoot, your PC should run the game perfectly…
What is your HL limit ?
What are your setting (number of lights, high graphics ?, …) ?

Default setting so far, I can check the specifics.

http://imgur.com/CIebkBe

Personally I put the draw distance to 500, it’s largely enough for me.
If it doesn’t do anything, try to down your setting :

• Anti-Allasing first
  • Ambient Occlusion
  • Shadow detail

Okay thanks, I’ll try that. Like I mentioned though it seems very periodic like there is a time when cpu intensive calculations happen all at once and just lock up the game,

Also try not to play with 50.000 applications running :smirk:

Not the problem, I did restart a few times and it did decrease. Had a few times where UI was unresponsive as mentioned in other threads and times when it seems to work fine. Thanks again Powerclank

Mine goes the same, recently charmed with the game, was wondering if other people were getting the same problem when exceeding 10 hearthlings, slight spasms in frame rate. I’m playing on a 3.4ghz, 16gb ram and gtx 680.

I’m not to hot on whats good in regards to pc hardware, is this good enough for it?

I don’t mind it having its moments because it being in alpha, just want reassurance its not my machine. Cheers peeps :slight_smile:

It’s definitely enough, large enough.
I don’t know what to tell you guys. It’s still an Alpha so the optimization is not complete and the team’s not focusing on it.
The two advice I could give you is to close any useless applications and lowering your settings.

Cheers Powerclank, guess i’ll just have to wait and see. Its frustrating to see all these wonderful and elaborate designs on youtube but I cant get big enough to do them myself. I have faith they’ll sort it

1 Like

Hey there @PDanny and @SweetWrapper, welcome to the Discourse! I feel like I have heard this report before (temporary, seemingly random frame rate issues). Let me see if I can find the old one :smiley:.

1 Like

Thanks jomaxro. I’ll try to get more info next time it happens.

I have something like a slow down when I go up to 14 hearthlings. What happens is if watching them you can see, they move and jump a few steps at a time. Meaning you see them moving along in one spot, kind of stop and then appear in a spot further ahead without the amination showing them getting there.

After starting to hide my resources under the mountain, (mine into a mountain and put the resources there), I can go up to 16 hearthlings.

I have started keeping my hearthling limit to 12. There is no slow down with that limit and I can play for days with that same save, (game).

My system specs.

this is my computer specs with a asus mother board recently installed, since the mother board the computer came with was bad.

Ibuypower FR960X-1 Gaming PC with Intel Core i7-5960X 8-Core Processor,32GB DDR3 Memory,2TB Hard Drive + 240GB SSD Drive,Blu-Ray Combo Drive,Nvidia GTX980 Graphics,Liquid Cool, Windows 7.

I installed the Asus mother board before Dec 2015.

My game version is the newest release on steam and no mods. I bought the game the at the steam store, after Dec. 25, 2015.

This bug reminds me of the hitching bug,

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/con-a9-r256-game-hitching-every-few-seconds/11544

Does this sound like what you guys are experiencing? from what I’ve read it sounds like it.

Link to my post :wink: its kinda the same. But i got that problem with around 20 villagers.

My hearthlings don’t act like in the video. They stop for 1 second, then show up again a few feet from where they stopped. Like they teleport across from where they were.

1 Like

Ah I see, It’s a different bug then, Just reminded me of that, Sorry about the derailment, maybe another mod knows of this, or its a new bug on its own (only that report comes to mind for me). Thanks for clarifying its not like that bug and for reporting this.

1 Like