SHED suggestion

At the Entity Stat Browser, add a 5th tab, for food items :wink:
Now that we are getting a few more food options in game, it would help a lot with balancing modded items. With a sorted list we could easily figure where our own items should be in comparison to other items.
Sorting by gold value, satisfaction, quality, etc… If it is a container and with how many stacks, or if it is a single item, if it is for a meat diet or vegetarian.

With the current shed I can already check the gold value. By using filters to only display items with the text “food”, then sorting by gold, then sorting by category. I can see all the items from the same category ordered by gold value:

I can see that my fish and crab are where I wanted them. But I can also see some strange things, like the corn meal is super overpriced? And all meat has the same price, which I guess should not be the case after correcting balancing them, as some are better or rarer then others.

3 Likes

I would also think about crops because if someone mods new food it often comes paired with custom crops.

1 Like

So I kinda did it in a spreadsheet: food.zip (9.0 KB)

Colors are just a visual aid and are automatically set based on cells values. It can also be ordered by any column.

I know that we don’t need to be ultra precise with the values, but this kinda of data helps a lot. For example, sorting by satisfaction we can see that bug meat and jerky have a way way higher satisfaction than the meat stews where they are used as ingredients, meaning it is better to eat the raw meat. Or that there is a huge gap in some values, or that the gold value of an item is sometimes way off compared to similar food items and its other features.

2 Likes

Weird how jerky and bug meat get such a bigger improvement with chairs than bread/eggs/cake.