I was watching the most recent livestream and rooms were briefly mentioned. I played a ton of Dragon Quest Builder yesterday and I love how they handle rooms so I thought it would be fun to take their version and see how it could be applied to Stonehearth.
First step is figuring out what would constitute a room. There would be rules along the lines of:
- Area surround by walls at least 4 to 6 blocks high (The walls could build taller but only the first 4 to 6 would count toward the room)
- Area should be more than ___ total area and less than ___ total area.
- There is a door and a light source (any items would have to be within that 4 to 6 block height to be counted)
From here, depending on what you put in the room would change what the room was and what effects there are on your hearthlings.
- Beds would make bedrooms. This would help with the ‘slept outside’ issue in Rayya’s children. You could also make it so that only those who own beds in the room would go into this room.
- There could be a room for each of the crafting classes
- 4 Tables and 10 chairs could be a dinning area. Maybe give hearthlings a mood boost while inside it.
I understand there might be no way this can go into the game but it is fun to think about! What do you guys think? I was unsure with some of the specific numbers so what numbers do you think would work? What room types can you come up with?