Roof Drop Wall Option Not Responsive

Summary:

When I try to change whether a roof drops walls or not, the tick marks do not appear when I click them and no changes are apparent.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load the game and try to build a roof
  2. Try to change the drop walls settings
  3. Click repeatedly

Expected Results:

The ticks/checkmarks should be highlighted and dulled depending on whether the option is switched on or off, and there should be immediate physical changes evident in the wall placement around the roof.

Actual Results:

No changes are apparent and the checkmarks don’t respond to multiple clicks.

Notes:

Attachments:

Savegame on Google Drive (4 files):

1. metadata.json - Google Drive
  2. server_metadata.json - Google Drive
  3. server_state.bin - Google Drive
  4. screenshot.png - Google Drive

Version Number and Mods in use:
No mods in use, latest stable version

System Information:
Windows 10, 64GB

I noticed that when you first draw a roof, all inputs in its menu are not recognized. You need to unselect it then select again, then the menu is updated and became responsive.

2 Likes

Nope, it doesn’t work for me. I tried unticking the ‘drop walls’ then reticking it, building other furniture before moving onto the roof, and deleting and rebuilding the roof multiple times.

Please fix this ASAP. The last time I had trouble with my builder, I had to wait for almost 3 months until the new builder was implemented before being able to custom build again.

This is what I mean:
Draw the roof, notice that it is not selected/highlighted. Click on the checkboxes does nothing.
screenshot%202018_06_22__16_59_07

Unselect it, or select something else like a wall:
screenshot%202018_06_22__16_59_16

Re-select the roof, notice that it is now highlighted, has the edit arrows, etc. Click the checkboxes, it works.
screenshot%202018_06_22__16_59_22

It may be counter-intuitive to some, especially if you’re used to the old builder, but it actually functions consistently just like any other tool in the new builder, at least according to my memory. When you draw a wall, or a section of road, or place individual blocks, it doesn’t immediately switch to the Pointer tool and select what you just placed. Instead, it remains with the tool you’re using so you can keep using it. This is much nicer and clearer when you’re making a large building with multiple roof sections, each of which can be selected and altered on its own without having to make them all exactly the same through an overarching (hah!) roof setting.

Thanks for the advice guys! It worked like a charm after the advice you guys gave about selecting/deselecting. I thought at first it meant ticking and unticking the ‘drop wall’ main option but now I see what you two are trying to tell me.

I would still consider this as a bug. Drawing a roof, then clicking the checkboxes, should affect the roof you just draw.

2 Likes