[Resolved] SGT Performance: Huge CPU Usage

Continuing the discussion from The Stonehearth Graphics Test Thread:

1 Like

I noticed a significantly large increase in CPU usage. Not enough to slow down my system, but tracking on task manager shows a big jump when it is running. Surprising for such small visuals. Perhaps a lot of the full game code is running behind the visuals?

My Processor:
AMD Athlon II X 630 2.82 GHz (quad core)

I’m about to upgrade my processor to a AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2 GHz (6 core). When I bought this system these were $1,000 processors. I picked one up for $200 on eBay.

This is really more “ongoing” as we continue to tweak performance, but let us know how it’s looking in the wild.

1 Like

excellent!

we can add an additional bug type, but i like the idea of reporting something as fixed in version “x”, with new reports being opened to address a bug that resurfaces…

obviously in this case, its an overall performance issue, as opposed to one specific “thing”…

First Graphic Test didn’t work for me, but this one does. I got around 50% usage of CPU and RAM but I don’t know if that’s bad or not because my laptop hasn’t got a good graphics card for gaming =/

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 (32-bit OS)
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P8400
2.26 GHz 2.27GHz
RAM 3GB
Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

(Shouldn’t post my info in every post because I accepted sending the info through the game :sweat: )

not a problem! the more information, the better… :+1:

thanks for the follow-up…

Ah, I don’t know if this goes in here, but apart from my cpu usage I experience quite lag :pensive: I’m almost sure it’s fault of my video card…

i7 4770k w/ GTX 770