[Res] Hard Drive Overload (increase page file size)

Hey my specs - q6600@3,2ghz 4gb ram(game takes 2,1gb in that moment) , Hard drive go mad which blocked anything in the game even cant open options menu . checking services in manager it shows that LAN is taking all the hardrive, does the game use somekind of virtual server to run the game? after turning off the game its still taking HD at 100% for next 5-10min, Host Services - local system LAN area. Quantity of villagers 12. - happening only with stonehearth.

on SSD drive this not happening(well its 10 times faster but the game will kill it fast with such load)

When you exit stonehearth, all the processes should be killed. My guess is that because you only have 4 GB RAM, the system is paging memory in and out of the swap file.

2 Likes

You can try to shut down all nonessential processes.I’ve got a laptop with 4gb ram and a 3.8core.
Increase your paging file in advanced system settings.Try to set it on another drive if you can and make it more then 1GB.I usualy set it at 10GB

1 Like

Making page file Fixed size helped a lot - solved issue, i made it 15gb and no more HD 100%.

Thanks bloodist!

PS. im becoming too old that i didnt even think about virtual memory…

1 Like

Glad you got it fixed!

@bloodist - Thanks for the technical help! You guys are great!

4 Likes