[Res] Game freezes after a minute or so of gameplay

Title:
Bug: Game freezes after a minute or so of gameplay

Summary:
I’m currently playing Alpha 7 Beta through Steam. The game starts fine, I can load and save a file, but after 1-5 min everything stops except the audio. If I click the screen it turns a transparent white and the window says “(Not Responding).” I’ve never been able to play for more than a few minutes without this happening. The freeze never happens after any particular action, it just starts lagging and eventually freezes, but sometimes it recovers from the lag and freezes later. I have noticed that my CPU usage spikes around 90% right about the time of the freeze, but not always. If I load my save and just do nothing, don’t turn the camera, don’t draw out plots, etc, the game still freezes. I started playing this on Alpha 6 via the Humble Bundle. The same issue occurred, but only after about 30 seconds. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling through the Humble Bundle and Steam. I’ve triple checked my graphics card drivers and they are up to date.

Steps to reproduce:
No steps, I just start playing and the freeze is inevitable.

Expected Results:
For this not to happen.

Actual Results:
It happens.

Notes:
I know there are similar threads to this, but most of them appear to be closed or very old. I just want to make sure this gets seen, because the game looks amazing and I just want to be able to play it. I know crashes and bugs are common in alphas, but right now it’s completely unplayable.

Attachments:
SystemInfo.txt (1.1 KB)

Versions and Mods:
Alpha 7 Beta through Steam.

System Information:
See attachment above.

Your drivers are 13.152.0.0

Latest drivers are ver. 14.501.1003

Are you downloading from the OEM site, or from the AMD website?

For the latest drivers you should go to the chipset manufacturer and not the system builder.

I’ve guessed that as your system was built in 2009 and it is 64 bit, you’re running Windows 7. Below you can find a link to what I believe is the latest driver for your machine. Hope this helps.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

1 Like

That seems to have done the trick. Thank you.

1 Like

brilliant stuff @Froggy@Froggy?!? mi hermano!! :heart_eyes:

excellent, glad you’re all sorted out! :smile: :+1:

1 Like