[r883] Crash after recieving 87 error log messages about AI

Summary:

While playing multiplayer, game gave several errors (87 of them all at once), I was able to look through them quickly and noticed they all seemed to involve AI somehow. After a brief minute (before I had the presence of mind to copy one of the error logs) the game crashed. I believe that much of the error logs are in stonehearth.log because of how large it is.

Stonehearth.log:

Attached because it was so long I couldn’t paste it in and still be allowed to post this topic. It is literally 683,448 characters and 7,104 lines long.
stonehearth.log (674.4 KB)

Attachments:

crash.dmp (206.3 KB)

Versions and Mods:

Version r883, Better storage is the only mod active

System Information:

Windows 10, NVIDIA GeForce 750ti, Monitor

Have you attempted basic troubleshooting steps here: Crashing on start? Read this! UPDATED October 18, 2016

Not really applicable as its not crashing on start-up.

Notes:

The logs above are from the host’s computer, as it was his game that crashed.

We are currently back in the game and seeing if the crash happens again, though so far no issues.

EDIT: Crashed again after 3 separate AI errors, very similar to the previous ones.

I got to crash more than 3 times with a similar ammount of errors, i noticed that this happened because a hearthling got into a confused state after a lot of tries of the A.I. to get out of it, but could never be accomplished.

Btw, I’m in the latest versión (unstable) with the developers tools mod only enabled.

2 Likes

Same here single player. Since the newest update constant AI issues “Engine Error” and soon after that… A crash…

release-883 (x64)[M]
CHECK failed: C:\rb\ihome\root\SH-OB0-BUILD\stonehearth\source\lib\lua\ai\execution_frame.cpp:200
(1921564 Khora Azula) (task_group:1400) bad frame transition to “add_action” from “starting”
Culprit:
frame: stonehearth:top
unit: human work dispatcher
compound: human work dispatcher
frame: stonehearth:work
unit: build
task_group: build
frame: task_group:1400
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘start’
stonehearth/services/server/tasks/task_action.lua:196: in function <stonehearth/services/server/tasks/task_action.lua:190>
[C]: in function ‘start’
…nehearth/services/server/tasks/task_group_action.lua:116: in function <…nehearth/services/server/tasks/task_group_action.lua:112>
[C]: in function ‘run’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:541: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:525>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:67: in function ‘xpcall’
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:525: in function <stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:521>

Thanks for the report. This should be resolved in the upcoming hotfix.

1 Like

yeah, can confirm this straight up 5x already not even enough time to screenshot it

thanks for the quick fix

1 Like