[r2380] Excessive scaffolding with concave slab buildings

I’ll keep this brief as it’s somewhere between a bug and a suggestion…

Summary: Building concave shapes with the slab tool fills in the enclosed area with scaffolding. This includes 90 degree wall segments.

How to reproduce:

My example - dig out a pit, build a slab wall along two adjacent edges (i.e. a corner)

Expected: Scaffolding will line the two surfaces

Actual:

Here, the mess of scaffolding on the bottom left was placed to build the pool corner visible. The scaffolding in the top right is being taken down - it was placed for the corner next to the steps.

Notes:
While this doesn’t hinder gameplay much, it wastes a bit of time to place and remove, and temporarily binds up free wood.

Version: 2380 x64

2 Likes

Swimming pools aren’t a confirmed feature for the game yet. Quit trying to make them!

Bug solved.

1 Like

Well, we aren’t supposed to be building underwater :sweat_smile:

But this might help with the double/triple scaffolding bug that’s been reported…

2 Likes

What should we be doing? Pretending that the water doesn’t exist to avoid bugs? :yum:

3 Likes

I think it applies to all buildings!

Would anybody be able to test this out on a C-shaped wall segment?

i.e. dig out a square and build walls with the slab tool along three edges?
How would that compare to making a free-standing version of the same building (where the outside wall is accessible)

2 Likes

Actually, from what I learned about scaffolds in the last version, it would matter, as they’d build them on the outside of the building and not inside, creating this cross section bug.

2 Likes