[R114] [STEAM Client] Town view HUD text slightly off

At first I thought it might have something to do with the resolution the game plays at. I’d been playing windowed mode, but maximalized to my 1680x1050 screen without issue. After having an issue with my last recording that made it only come out at 480p, I had decided to make the game itself play in a 1280x720 region (the window itself thus being slightly larger than that), and this was the first time I’ve noticed this problem. However, see below, and at 17:53 in the video.

I can confirm this as well.

Did not notice this explicitly, but I think the UI just sort of froze generally, because the debugging info in the bottom right was also frozen, reminiscent of this other bug (same but different cause? Hard to tell… but that other one at least never gave me the Town Overview dialog issues… unless I just didn’t check in those cases, since I typically noticed when checking the Citizen/Crafter Management dialogs. In fact, I believe that’s the most likely situation. I’ll check whether the Town Overview dialog is again messed up the next time I get the UI freeze bug with a joining traveler.)

All of this is visible in the video I recorded of the whole event, see below (14:23).

1 Like