[R 271] Floating (Invisible Floor) Hearthlings

Noticed mostly during mining but also when placing banners on walls. Heartlings get stuck on invisible floors near walls. I have been able to overcome it by building ladders up to them so they can climb down.

I’ve also been able to achieve this when a ladder was removed as a Hearthling climbed to place a Blacksmith banner on a wall.

1 Like

hmm… are you sure theyre not standing on something?

also, could you possibly toss up a screenshot :blush:

1 Like

It looks like they are standing on an invisible floor. I can guarantee there is nothing below them. Maybe part of them is caught in the wall?

It tried to grab a screen cap but looks like it didn’t take. I’m sure if i keep playing it will happen again. (I had to rescue them!)

1 Like

I saw this once as well. I had put a wall sign. A Hearthling made a ladder and another one brought the sign up, placed it, then removed the ladder while still standing on top of it. They were stuck standing on nothing. I waited a bit to see if the game would fix itself and gave up eventually, building a ladder which the Hearthling promptly climbed down.

1 Like

So the problem is that the hearthling that places the sign on the wall, starts removing the ladder from above and ends up floating and unable to climb down, is it?

1 Like

Seems like. If it happens again I’ll grab a screenshot.

1 Like

not just a sign, but it happened when they were mining too. They were definitely next to a wall so maybe the bounding box is a tad large on the Hearthlings?

Got a screen shot of it:

And here’s the log during that session: stonehearth.log (52.4 KB)

2 Likes

huh, its almost like they are stuck in the roof/sign…