Qubicle Constructor (Voxel-Editor) - Information, Links, Threads and Questions

no apologies necessary… just knowing something is on the horizon is good enough! :+1:

side note: any other titles you’re aware of that have also leveraged Qubicle?

1 Like

@SteveAdamo Tim is actually running a Design Blog which he updates every now and then with art from games (and others) created using Qubicle.

http://minddesk.tumblr.com/

1 Like

ahh… nice! now, why hadnt i see that before…

edit: oh right… its blocked by our corporate network… lovely jubbly… :angry:

1 Like

It seems some of @Pepe’s printed stuff’s featured there, unless there is another Pepe Hiller who likes Qubicle and has easy access to 3D printing around out there.

please don’t embarrass me with the news that there is, internet

1 Like

Hey guys,
I will announce the following officially in a couple of days. Here’s the plan:

Since Qubicle 2 is not ready yet I will set up a QC1 Stonehearth edition which will have most of the features of the Home edition. It will only export as QB, which can be imported by Stonehearth. This special edition can be purchased at minddesk.com for $11 starting from one week after the Stonehearth alpha release. If you purchase such a license you will get a free upgrade to Qubicle 2 Play Stonehearth when it’s out. I currently estimate that I can release Q2 in March probably sooner.
Note that I can only give you that free upgrade if Qubicle 2 Play Stonehearth is greenlit on Steam.

Happy holidays!

9 Likes

wow, that’s fantastic news @Tim!

and the timing is great! folks will have a week to tool around with the alpha, and those who are so inclined will have an opportunity to jump into the modeling aspect of the overall modding system… :+1:

can’t wait to hear more, and see what this community creates with your tools…

thanks for making this happen, and Happy Holidays to you as well!

1 Like

@Tim … this means that the specific version will not support export into the .obj-format, right? Which might mean for Stonehearth that you can adjust the look of existing models and probably custom models which are not animated or can use existing animations. Sounds not too bad for that price. Nice to see the free upgrade to QC2.

Can you post a link to the Greenlight-campaign or will it be only available once Stonehearth is up and running on Steam? Cannot find anything :disappointed:.

@voxel_pirate sorry, can’t give away my best selling-proposition at this point, so no obj export. I know you have learned custom animation in a considerable short amount of time but it’s far from easy peasy and very few players will find the time and patience to learn programs like blender.

There’s no Greenlight campaign yet. To be honest I have no experience with Steam whatsoever… I will install it for the Stonehearth alpha for the first time, no kidding. I am a console gamer. Greenlight is one of the things on my endless todo list. Tobi is assigned to this task, he’s currently developing a user-database so we can handle the free upgrade.

The reason why I will release the edition one week after the alpha release is I want to see what’s possible or needed.

3 Likes

clever… employing a wait and see approach (to see how the community is playing and adapting, or wanting to adapt the game)…

No problem at all. For $11 that is still quite a lot what you get here for the money… and you can count on me to purchase the Home or Master Edition of QC2, too (or whatever will be there) :wink:.

1 Like

Question will the QC1 Stonehearth edition work for Macs by any chance?

P.S. Sorry if this was already answered!

I guess not more or less as QC1 is at the moment… as it will be “only” include different features but not a re-written code.

@voxel_pirate in your first post you had the question “How much?” but you never truthfully answered it other then saying that the basic version is free.

P.S. As always sorry if I’m wrong.

True… will update it as Tim confirmed that it will be $11 for the Stonehearth-Edition… as soon as I am back from vacation and the special edition is available :wink:. Sorry for that.

Update: Just updated the first post with some additional information on the Stonehearth-Edition.

Update: As @Skull24 is pointing out here, the Stonehearth-Edition is available now.

1 Like

sorry, i closed that thread… it may be best to send folks here instead…

either way, its excellent news! :smile:

I’ve just picked my copy of QC Stonehearth Edition… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Finally picking up the stonehearth edition of Qubicle tonight, I’m going to learn by going through my old AD&D monster manual and modelling some of my fav’s from back in the day. First up, the Mind Flayer!

Wish me luck and I’ll post my creations once they are done and I figure out how to put a picture in a post…speaking of which, will that be possible with the stonehearth edition? If not, boooooo, if so, yeahhhhH!

Well, in the worst case you can make a screenshot, but to my understanding the Stonehearth Edition includes also the features required for “rendering” (including Turntables).

nice, thanks!

Your youtube vids are the best, so thanks for that as well!

i think you’ve been on the discourse long enough, such that these tools should be visible? hopefully! :smiley:

2 Likes