QB 3 export problem

I think the $75 dollars version is in reference to Qubicle. They have a base version available on steam (as of this post) for 20, with options to download additional content. utility mod $20, mesh mod $25, voxelizer mod, $25 and commercial license mod for $100. Or the full version for $175.

and an indie pack for $76

yes thats right.
I just dont get this, why there is a qb problem.
So I think about to buy it… but not sure if this will work >_<

Even when I just change a single brick and export the file as everybody says, I get this error.

yup, I did notice in the screenshot it was the demo version, so it might not have the right features or options available.

But as @8BitCrab stated it might be better to start off with magicavoxel or voxelshop, first before investing to much into a program you may not use very much. (don’t get me wrong) I hope you enjoy making voxels and make a lot of them but if this a new hobbie, cutting your teeth on something less expensive may be the best path.

I just recently began to make a few items and a little mod and I use maigcavoxel. I have not had any problems with it.

Just another thought. Can you upload the mod, it may be a .json issue related to the .qb. You can also verify your .json files at http://jsonlint.com/ I say this because I left out one } in the en.json when I was making my mod and StoneHearth would not even lauch.

What is the exact name of the file u talking about? :slight_smile: Or which file do i have to check? The whole “.smod”?

these are the .json files that would deal with the two handed sword.

Did you create a standalone mod or did you modify the ones in stonehearth.smod?

When I just change the json it works fine. But when I chance the qb file the chaos starts running. ;D
Checked both files. Both without problems.

Are u modding with QB?
For beginning I changed just stonehearth.smod.

But maybe… can I send u my 2 qb files and could u make a standalone of that?
Just for me to get into modding?

magicavoxel is the one I am using. I was able to create these items and put them in a mod.

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/random-amature-voxel-making-post/22094

This looks great!

Tell me… when I save the 2 qb files as a “.vox” could u use these then to make a standalone of it?

I can see what I do, I should be able to do that. but I am no Pandemic :grinning:

Awesome dude, thanks alot! :slight_smile:
Here r my two files:

two_handed_sword.zip (862 Bytes)

getting closer at least its in game. just invisible in the hands of the footman

Thats awesome!
Howcome its invis? :smile:

I had a spelling error, one of my .json was named deatn_sword instead of death_sword

Ah okay, the normal problems of a programmer ;D

ok now to work on positioning. there is a thread on this topic I will have to re-read it. Have to go to work now but will finish this later.

here is the mod in its current state if you want to look it over.
sword_differnt_color.zip (22.3 KB)

looks awesome that far.
loading the file to check what u did.

I got it!
Changed the position with magica and voxel!
Now its done.
Thank you so much for helping me!
Now I can start modding!!! hehe :slight_smile:

1 Like

also to fix the display name when you are looking at the sword on the character sheet. change the unit_info, from .death_sword.display_name to .death_sword_ghost.display_name . It is in the death_sword.json file.

"mixins": "stonehearth:mixins:item_properties",
"type": "entity",
"components": {
	"unit_info": {
		"display_name": "i18n(sword_differnt_color:entities.weapons.death_sword_ghost.display_name)",
		"description": "i18n(sword_differnt_color:entities.weapons.death_sword_ghost.description)",
		"icon": "file(death_sword.png)"

Awesome, changed everything!
Good job!
Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like