Problem with my mod (solved)

I Don’t Know:

I have the brewmod and cookmod and i thought i would add my own resource so i did and as soon as i plant my flag on new map i got this error:

Steps to reproduce:

1. start new game with the mods i guess

Error that i got.

release-472 (x64)
No matching overload found, candidates: void __init(luabind::argument const&,Point3 const&,Point3 const&,int) void __init(luabind::argument const&,Point3 const&,Point3 const&) void __init(luabind::argument const&,Point3 const&,int) void __init(luabind::argument const&,Point3 const&) void __init(luabind::argument const&,Cube3 const&) void __init(luabind::argument const&)
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/events.luac:84: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:81>
[C]: ?
[C]: in function ‘Cube3’
…tonehearth/services/server/mining/ore_generator.luac:10: in function ‘_create_mother_lode’
…tonehearth/services/server/mining/ore_generator.luac:5: in function ‘create_ore_network’
…onehearth/services/server/mining/mining_service.luac:111: in function ‘create_ore_network’
…arth/scenarios/static/terrain/ore_vein/ore_vein.luac:3: in function ‘initialize’
…/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service.luac:69: in function ‘_activate_scenario’
…/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service.luac:34: in function ‘fn’
…nehearth/services/server/world_generation/timer.luac:6: in function ‘measure’
…/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service.luac:34: in function ‘reveal_region’

[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:9: in function ‘set_now’
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.luac:20: in function ‘increment_now’
radiant/modules/timer.luac:6: in function ‘instance’
radiant/modules/events.luac:98: in function <radiant/modules/events.luac:96>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/events.luac:96: in function ‘trigger’
radiant/modules/events.luac:121: in function ‘_trigger_gameloop’
radiant/modules/events.luac:150: in function ‘_update’
radiant/server.luac:19: in function <radiant/server.luac:17>:

or screen shot:

I dont know if u guys know what happened but yeah it doesnt stop the resource mod from working and the other mods. so idk

1 Like

what exactly did you add?

i’ll also page @Drotten because he’ll probably know the cause of the errors

Two questions:

1. Can you play after the engine error appears?
  2. You mentioned adding your own resource…will the game run (without error) if you remove it?

Going to page @Drotten, our modding support for you…

the smod file names are cookmod and bewerymod

yeah like i said the game still runs with mods and yeah it doesnt appear when i take the resource mod out

sorry for the confusion, but i meant what kind of mod did you make?

i took the tutorial resource mod and made a resource and add it

1 Like

do you get the error even without your mod?

no i didn’t. and it doesnt stop the mod and or the game from running

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/tutorial-adding-mining-resources-updated-for-alpha-12/16994?u=xmmcxrockx

i took this and made my own resource

okay, then its most likely your mod thats causing the error, so i’ll let drotten handle this, as i know next to nothing about code

im in the same boat i mean maybe if it wasnt luac files but yeah

its actually .json files :wink:

also, put this in “other reports” as its not a bug with the game itself.

but the error says

tonehearth/services/server/mining/ore_generator.luac:10: in function ‘createmother_lode’
…tonehearth/services/server/mining/ore_generator.luac:5: in function ‘create_ore_network’
…onehearth/services/server/mining/mining_service.luac:111: in function ‘create_ore_network’
…arth/scenarios/static/terrain/ore_vein/ore_vein
.luac:3: in function ‘initialize’
…/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service.luac:69: in function ‘activatescenario’
…/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service
.luac
:34: in function ‘fn’
…nehearth/services/server/world_generation/timer.luac:6: in function ‘measure’
…/server/static_scenario/static_scenario_service**.lua**c:34: in function ‘reveal_region’

that means that they are more likely in the luac files right?

maybe…

looking at that error again, it looks like the problem is coming from the ore vein files, could you perhaps upload the mod so i could take a quick peak at it and see if i can find anything out of place?

shinyrock_MOD.zip (10.1 KB)

1 Like

i can’t seem to find anything wrong, but that might be because i’m tired, so now i’ll let drotten handle this. :wink:

are you saying u added to your stonehearth and u didnt get the error

no i got the error, i just couldn’t find the cause of the error because of my limited code knowledge.