Possible Snow Theme or Season

Honestly, I love what you guys have done with Stonehearth. I’ve watched it develop from a simple beta to a much more complicated alpha, with many new features and better pathmaking for the settlers. The newest update was excellent as well, and it was genius to allow players to manually assign tasks for their settlers. The new buildings, names, and occupations were also fun to explore and play with. Along with the desert theme with Rayya’s Children, another interesting incorporation to the game could be a snow theme.

Don’t get me wrong, I understand that you’ve got a long road ahead of you with many bugs to squash and new implementations to add, but I am requesting a new snow theme for a future implementation. Not only does it go along with our Christmas season, but it could also prove as a new challenge for us players, with a possibility of hypothermia, and clearing snow from our mines, as well as the restriction of farming, giving the player a need to hunt game or gather from wild plants. Honestly, it could even be added as an option for seasons, where players stockpile food in the summer months from farms and ration it out through the winter.

I understand if Stonehearth needs to develop more before a new theme can be added, and I thank you for reading my suggestion.

Cheers to the Development Team,
-Lucas Cousins

1 Like

I believe a snow theme is already planned for the third faction… they are supposedly going to be like vikings or something. living in the arctic. And seasons are planned as well.

They will apparently rely on hunting/fishing for food… at least thats what i read somewhere but it might change when they add it.

1 Like

Ummmm…I could be misunderstanding, but it seems as though you just described the Frostfeast mod released today…
http://stonehearth.net/tis-the-season-for-frostfeast/

2 Likes

well this post/thread was made before frostfeast was announced and released publicly…

2 Likes

Oops! My bad. :blush: This is why I should not try and post stuff from mobile.

1 Like

Well thank you all very much! Sorry for the late response, busy week for me :scream:
Anyhow, awesome timing, can’t wait to try it out!

2 Likes