Playing the evil guys?

Aren’t they called The Red Cord in the lore, or is that something else? I haven’t played with enemies on (or at all, really) for a while.

1 Like

Very well could have been, though I am not sure the reference, tbh…

I thought it was Red Caps errr or Capes?!

Something about dyeing those items with blood or something…

1 Like

I searched the forum. The Black Cord is the undead. Orcs, kobolds, etc. are the Red Kiln.

1 Like

Right you are I was thinking of these…
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjAl8_mkIDQAhXq6oMKHXhqDOEQFggpMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FRedcap&usg=AFQjCNHOnjrC4wkGykucfkXGSQWAK9d8qg&sig2=hJbH79rcvahlbge8tJhv6Q&bvm=bv.136811127,d.amc
Gob’s!

1 Like

I think we have our faction name then :slight_smile:

1 Like

As a teaser, I pushed these out a few days ago, but wanted to wait til I had made more progress on other things. This will be a bit of a process, and again, I have no time-frame for when it will be ready, but I will post as I go. Feedback is always welcomed:)

Based off of the standard already in-game, the Big wall banner:

Put to use some rust colored voxels on the tools…not 100% i like the outcome just yet, so this could be a ways off…but here is the pick and work hammer.:

3 Likes

the banner is pretty awesome.

2 Likes

Looking at them more, I am really not happy with the way the tools came about. So I think for the time being, I am just going to leave the tools alone and work on other things like weapons, armor, initial building templates, etc.

I think you need to simplify them more, i mean an orc hammer could be a sting with a rock tied in the end.
It would be horrible but he would be to stupid to know better :stuck_out_tongue: (eventually sauron would give him a morningstar and send him to war)

Goblins could do something more advanced i suppose but like try something that looks cheaper i guess like a skewed wooden stick with a hammerhead, might have a branch not cut away completely or something like that.

1 Like

Love this idea, and upset at myself I didn’t think of it. I think I got too tied up in the concept of reusing as much as I could that the concept of modelling things that better fit the theme really passed me by.

I will take these to heart and see what all I can conjure up. I like the idea of using the “cruder” technologies. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Sneak peak at my terrible handwriting and even worse drawing skills…but thankfully it makes sense to me. Contains a rough pass at @Psyduck’s suggestions

2 Likes

Sorry for the pause…was getting my feet wet with having objects appear in game…so far so good, but having issues with doors snapping to the wall, etc…here is an update, at least for the re-done tools as per @Psyduck’s suggestion. So you can see the axe, hammer, and pick.

More as I get more items in to the game to start fleshing out some basic templates. Again…long road ahead, but having fun learning how everything pieces together.

4 Likes

I really like those, but I had trouble seeing the hammer as a hammer [and not a dull axe] the first time I looked. Maybe try removing that indent between its connection to the handle and its hitting surface? (Sorry I don’t know the proper hammer terminology :stuck_out_tongue:)

If I am following, you mean make it more of a single piece, rather than one that has the indent?

1 Like

@coasterspaul, is this kinda what you were thinking?

2 Likes

though i’m not coasterspaul, this new version definitely looks like a hammer rather than a dull axe to me :thumbsup:

2 Likes

It’s amazing how much more weight a couple of voxels can add. I like that a lot.

2 Likes

Hey FlervaFlerv and Psyduck, I wanted to ask if you guys wanted help with this project. I like the idea and would be glad to help. I can 3D model and animate in qubicle, 3ds max and maya. If you guys want me to make anything in particular just let me know. If you want to see what I can do check out: http://daltonholmes484.jimdo.com/ It’s nothing crazy but I would love to see this project get finished. Thanks guys.

2 Likes

I assure you I have not disappeared. Life got a bit in the way, but I am planning on making a little bit of progress starting again tomorrow

2 Likes