Permanently remove plants

I ended up creating some farms in a place where there were some wild silkweed plants growing. It ended up kind of bugging me that they were there the whole time, especially when they were fully grown. It might be a nice feature to be able to remove such plants permanently (root and all), so that they will not regrow, as an alternative to the default of harvesting only the usable parts. Could also be useful in terms of landscaping and all that.

17:24

3 Likes

i thought if a plant rots then the plant just dies away? or is it that the plant is supposed to be emoved by the farmer if rotted or grown?

Well, the wild ones don’t rot, though, do they? At least, I haven’t seen that happen. I think you may have misread.

I agree you just misread. Maybe they can make it that if you double harvest it (once to get the materials, then once too remove it) it goes away permanently.

1 Like

Yes, but then if you harvest a large area to get lots of resources, you may end up accidentally removing some plants in there that you already harvested once at a smaller scale. It’s a nice simple way to deal with it, but I think it would be better if it would be a separate, explicit command to remove the plants.

2 Likes

Didn’t berries once have an option to chop them down? I think we need that type of thing again.

2 Likes

Yes they did. And I would like that back as well.

1 Like

In the meantime, there is a mod which let’s you move and store bushes and silkweeds which you could use.

2 Likes

I have found a temporary solution to the silk weed problem. Now that there is the Floor and Slab options, i found that if you make your citizens build a slab floor over the silk weed spots and remove them after built, the silk weed will be gone. again, just a temporary solution,

3 Likes

Those little silkweed cotton plant things can get in your way sometimes. Is it possible we have a feature to completely remove them? (Not just harvest them.)

If you’re in a reckless mood, the console command destroy_entity should do just that.

1 Like

It says it is an unknown command?

Well, this old thread suggests a mod and a vanilla solution. I’m not sure if its solutions are still relevant.

1 Like

I agree with @nicedude80 now that we have the Shepard the silkweed plant should be taken out.

Edit–
My bad, misunderstood what you meant. I would also add the option to remove the berry bushes

Um, that’s not exactly what I meant. I just meant that when your designing your kingdom, they can kinda be a nuisance to your design and such. I guess it’s kind of a petty thing. I will change the title though.

They have renamed it in the current Alpha, it is now destroy.

3 Likes

Thank you very much.

Thank you, @SteveAdamo, for making my link circular. :wink:

2 Likes