People do nothing

Hi,
Ok, i’ve a “bug”, when i ask to mine or cut trees, workers start to mine but after this they do nothing, whereas they must cut the trees. It is written “idle”. I try many times to re harvest the trees, but nothing to do.
Thanks a lot.

try saving the game then reloading that new save. that normaly fixes the problem if they get stuck

1 Like

Hey there @Lauw_Havening, welcome to the Discourse!

@Fralee offered a good suggestion, but I am going to add in a few more here:

• Confirm that the Hearthlings can reach the mine/trees. If they are more than one voxel higher than where they can walk, you may need to build a ladder
  • How many other tasks do the workers have? Depending on how powerful your system is, if you have too much for them to do, like building, mining, harvesting, and lots of items on the ground it can overwhelm the AI and they essentially just sit there and “think” about what to do, but never finish thinking.
  • Check the performance meter at the bottom right of the screen. What color is it? If a good portion of it isn’t green, try pausing the game and waiting for it to turn green. Then resume the game and see if they return to work.
  • Upload a save game here for the devs to look at.
    To upload a save, locate the folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the folder, and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.
2 Likes

@Fralee Thanks Fralee, i will try.

@jomaxro I can’t anwser for all, but workers can be reach the trees, and about tasks they have nothing to do except to cut the trees ^^.
To be exact, i asked them to mine a trench after this, cut trees. They mine a trench, but they didn’t took all items on floor and they wait there. I haven’t save, well not that moment, it made me angry and i left the game without save. If i’ve same problem i’ll save and send you the file. I didn’t know the usefullness about performance meter, i’ll know it now.
When you mean system, it’s abour my computer ?
Thanks a lot for answers, i will try and say you more after.

Yes, your computer hardware, like CPU, GPU, Memory, etc.