Alright, Here is the mod-idea I have… I do plan to make this mod, but not until later in the dev of stonehearth, like maybe beta or later.
This mod was inspired by my Color Mod, and also by my recent reading of The Will of the Empress by Tamora Pierce.
Now, I don’t know about you guys, but I plan on building a kingdom once stonehearth gets released! It’s going to have a giant castle with a moat and everything! And a ton of citizens living their lives under my glorious rule!
However, there will be at least one problem with this. Which is that having so many citizens will probably be to much to handle. @Tom mentioned in one of the first dev vlogs that, while there would be no max population, they are aiming at a settlement size of around 80-100 citizens.(This info might have changed, I haven’t had time to catch up with the vlogs yet =( ) Which is cool. However, even 60 or 70 citizens might be hard to manage by yourself.
So, with that in mind (and the colors and the reading) I came up with this mod idea.
The Nobility Mod
This mod would introduce several new professions and game-play mechanics. The basis of the mod however is that you appoint someone to a noble, give them charge of a couple workers and a patch of land, and they will manage it, producing good/tax for you to collect.
- Nobles manage workers and land for you.
- They product goods/taxes for you in exchange for the land and for the title of nobility.
- Tax a noble too much or treat them badly and they might rebel!
- Nobles will act differently based on their temperament, so be careful when picking who to promote. A lazy noble will not reap much profit, while a greedy one might try and not give you the good/taxes which are due. One the other hand, a lazy noble wouldn’t be as prone to rebel, and a greedy noble might push his/her workers harder and reap a greater profit!
- Nobles can increase the amount of workers they have and how much land they own(with your permission).
- Nobles gain titles as they increase their land and workforce. (Baron -> Lord -> Duke)
- With the color mod, Nobles can declare their Noble Colors and all their citizens who wear them will receive a moral bonus.
- Kings can manage the capitol for you and also the other nobles, keeping them in check.
- How much control you give them will be up to you.
- Kings will rule differently based on their temperament.
- With the color mod, Kings can declare their Royal Colors and all their citizens who wear them will receive a moral bonus.
- If your king conquers another kingdom, he could become an Emperor!
- This citizen caries around a cart from estate to estate collecting goods/taxes.
- Upgrade the cart to collect more goods faster (Hand cart -> Horse & cart -> Wagon)
- The collector is a prime target for bandits, protect him with guards!
- Collectors will act differently based on their temperament. Gullible ones might fall prey to Beguiling Nobles and not collect the full pay due, but overly zealous ones might offend the nobles with their brash behavior.
I hope I typed this out orderly enough, I need to get some sleep, lol
Anyway, as you see, this mod could add some fun new options to the game, and make managing your kingdom easier.
And, as I said, this mod will be probably be on the back burner for a while, but it’s never too early to get opinions!
What do you guys think?