[NLA] Alpha 1 - Resolution Issues

Right, to currently edit your screen resolution and fullscreen follow these steps:

Right click Stonehearth in Steam and then click properties

You should open this box:

Move over to local files and then click “browse local files” which should pull up this:

The highlighted file should say stonehearth.json. Open it with Notepad, you should see this:

You can then change your screen resolution. To enable/disable fullscreen simple change ‘false’ to ‘true’ and vice versa.

Unfortunately if you’re like me and have an odd resolution (1366 x 768) you might still experience overlapping icons, but it should help a bit! The team are aware that things do not display correctly in a resolution less than 1920 x 1080.

3 Likes

Yes I know but notepad++ generally works best for these types of things.

Just got home and started the game up and came to see this thread. Nice fixes here, but I dealt with it by “snapping” the screen to full by dragging the bar to the top. :slight_smile: This snaps the screen to fit windowed mode around your desktop and toolbar.

first is there a full screen mode because the carpinter window when i open it i can see weapons and armor tab but i can get to it second how do i get onto build mode

Moved you over here.

Please see my post above:

Hello,

First I am stoked for this game.

I have noticed that it is really hard to read the text history in the lower right hand side because it is overlapped by the building/structures tool used to create everything.

I am not using a widescreen monitor so this may have something to do with it.

The devs said something(i think) about the game bugging if the screen resolution isnt 1920x1280

ah, I can only do 1280 x 1024.

1 Like

I believe you mean 1920 x 1080 and yes, people with smaller screens than this have had a few issues with things such as icons and other GUI being mis-sized / mis-placed and the as fore mentioned bug

It would be easiest for the dev if all bugs were reported here, thanks

I would REALLY like to see this resolution&UI overlapping issue adressed very soon!

I’m sure all of us with lower resolutions would - there are a lot of bugs and issues right now, I’m sure the team realise how big this is seeing as it doesn’t display correctly and will be working tirelessly to fix things!

Patience young Padawan.

But why on earth is the resolution and UI issue NOT a bug?! I don’t get it…bug=mistake=error…if it is not a bug it is intended, which i highly doubt.

Well yes it is an error but I would argue it’s not a bug as it’s intentional for the time being - it’s not like it should be displaying correctly on every resolution but for some reason isn’t displaying correctly for certain resolutions.

The team know that it doesn’t display correctly, and it’s not so much that they have no idea why, but that other resolutions aren’t currently supported 100%.

I Found Two Bugs.
1: My game skips day and then the people fly to their beds to continue night.
2. Picket Fences sometimes leave blueprints changing the colour

of my fences.

And sorry but i do not a have a recording software to show the flying ai’s and the sped up day.

Thanks for the report, the team are aware of both the issues!

The window cuts off around the create X in the carpenters craft screen.

Check out this thread.

1 Like

Pretty unsatisfying that this is not in the new patch. Can’t be that big of a problem and still it renders the game more or less unplayable for some people.

1 Like

i agree - i can’t play properly - they need fix it because i can’t see UI and such

I hear you guys, it is most definitely a nuisance - I’m feeling the effects of this one as well :stuck_out_tongue:

Look at it this way though - when the resolution fixes are in, there will also be a few bug fixes in place meaning we can build houses with wood, actual wood!

1 Like