New Suggestions and Factions Analysis

An another series of my ideas and suggestions.

-Chemistry: we now that kind of camp is for the Herbalist and the planned Alchemist, but we also know that the science is the only field where we can access on some materials; perhaps it could be wise to do the same thing on Stoneheart.

-Steam: the Medieval Age was not only a period of plagues and wars, but also the era of some of great thinkers and engineers, such as Leonardo da Vinci, one of the greatest minds of all the time.
Leonardo, on his time, suggested great inventions that could have changed that era such as the first tank, the diving suit,the hang gliding, the helicopter, new guns, siege weapons and naval systems; an advantage of mankind is always their ā€˜ā€˜think bigā€™ā€™: the develop team can consider some of his inventionā€™s designs in order to create something amazing and thatā€™s where comes the Steam technolgy.
In reality the steam engine process was created during the period between the 17th century and the 18th century but this game is set into a fantasy world (also the same Leonardo studied the power of steam)
so I think that could be interesting to add Steam Technology for a late stage human civilization and camp for the Engineer, able to build the prototypes of machines like a more smaller version of the famous Steam Tank and a Steam Paddle Boat, or weapons that can penetrate armor

-Magic: if Stoneheart is a fantasy world, there is no way that the Magic element can miss: upgraded from an Alchemist, a Wizard is a ranged fighter just like the Archers but he can deal different types of elemental damages (considering his type of staff), burning, freezing, poisoning, using the power of the earth or of the thundersā€¦bye bye Necromancers.

-Weather: Harsh conditions can be a true challenge especially on the desert or in a frozen map, with sandsstorms and winter blizzards, forcing your forces and your enemy forces to retreat on the houses and waiting, but not just that! Your plants can be affected from the weather and some of them canā€™t grown on those circumstances and forcing you to adapt.

-Armor: Bronze, Iron and Steel are quite the materials for armor creation and even the Gold can be used for the top grade armor, but what about the Silver? Silver Weapons and Armor exist on fantasy so they are worthy to be consider, but not just that because the dev should think of new materials for crafting new armor sets.

-Custom: we know that the Workers can be equipped with an upgraded version of the clothes but what about the other classes? It could be wise to create new upgraded clothes for the classes (expanding the weaverā€™s workshop list) but also it can be interesting to customize the color of the clothes or custom the weapons and armor in order of more damage or other things. Losing one of this full customized characters will be a real pain for us.

-New Plants and Water: in reality, the plants not just grown up with sun and the ground but also the water and some of them can grow only under specific circumstances; the dev should add new plants such as Rice, hard to grow except only on Water Farms.

-Factions Analysis: considering the human factions, all of them have some differences, some of them have some pros and some cons; here is my analysis.
-The Ascendacy
Strong Point: Defense
The Ascendacy is a strong human faction, always taking the best of defensive walls and actions and their forces always show to their enemies the meaning of a better armor
-The Northmenā€™s Alliance
Strong Point: Attack
The Allianceā€™s forces are the true image of war: bringing always a fight with brutal force, those warriors renounce defense for a better damage.
-Rayyaā€™s Children
Strong Point: Speed and Trade
They donā€™t like fighting, but when itā€™s necessary, the Children bring their best forces to defend themselfes; they are more weak from the others but more faster than the others and they are also masters of trade.
-The Eastern Republic (possible future human faction)
Strong Point: Survival and Archers
Inspired from the Russians, the Chinese and the rest of the Asian peoples, the Republicā€™s citizens learned to survive under desperate conditions so they are more endurable more than the other factions, especially on blizzards; their Archers are the most strongest of the human factions, even able to manage the Kobolds Archers (inspired from the Russian Horse Archers, a.k.a the ā€˜ā€˜Tartarsā€™ā€™ and the Chinese Crossbowmen).
Feel free to judge:)

2 Likes

WARNING: TEXT WALL AHEAD. BRACE FOR IMPACT!

[quote=ā€œguardianjohnita1, post:1, topic:21804, full:trueā€]
-Magic

-Weather: Harsh conditions can be a true challenge especially on the desert or in a frozen map, with sandsstorms and winter blizzards, forcing your forces and your enemy forces to retreat on the houses and waiting, but not just that! Your plants can be affected from the weather and some of them canā€™t grown on those circumstances and forcing you to adapt.

-New Plants and Water: in reality, the plants not just grown up with sun and the ground but also the water and some of them can grow only under specific circumstances; the dev should add new plants such as Rice, hard to grow except only on Water Farms.[/quote]

If I remember right, Magic is confirmed in the form of some of the Elite classes [specifically the Geomancerā€¦ and possibly the Magma Smith?], Weather is almost definitely a confirmed feature [along with seasons], and irrigation might be a future feature. I canā€™t remember on that one.

-Armor: Bronze, Iron and Steel are quite the materials for armor creation and even the Gold can be used for the top grade armor, but what about the Silver? Silver Weapons and Armor exist on fantasy so they are worthy to be consider, but not just that because the dev should think of new materials for crafting new armor sets.[/quote]
Iā€™m almost certain there will be more than just Bronze, Iron and Steel armors. I remember seeing around 6 or 7 full armour outfits on the video [which I can no longer find?]
On a side note, I think it should be pointed out that [in real life, at least], gold is flimsy and pathetic, and was used on armour almost exclusively as decoration.

I would love to see this, personally. Not going to say any more :smile:

Rather spot-on analysis, in my opinion.
I would definitely support an Eastern Republicā€¦

-Steam: the Medieval Age was not only a period of plagues and wars, but also the era of some of great thinkers and engineers, such as Leonardo da Vinci, one of the greatest minds of all the time.Leonardo, on his time, suggested great inventions that could have changed that era such as the first tank, the diving suit,the hang gliding, the helicopter, new guns, siege weapons and naval systems; an advantage of mankind is always their ā€˜ā€˜think bigā€™ā€™: the develop team can consider some of his inventionā€™s designs in order to create something amazing and thatā€™s where comes the Steam technolgy.In reality the steam engine process was created during the period between the 17th century and the 18th century but this game is set into a fantasy world (also the same Leonardo studied the power of steam)so I think that could be interesting to add Steam Technology for a late stage human civilization and camp for the Engineer, able to build the prototypes of machines like a more smaller version of the famous Steam Tank and a Steam Paddle Boat, or weapons that can penetrate armor[/quote]

Wouldnā€™t Leonardo be Renaissance, rather than Medieval? That argument aside, Iā€™mā€¦ not sure on that one. On the one hand, I would like to see a Steampunk element, even if it was very limited [the absolute earliest stage of the Steam era, when the idea was just catching on], and was primarily end-game content [I imagine the Engineer being an ā€œeliteā€ class].

On the other handā€¦ would it really fit? Iā€™ve yet to see a game thatā€™s really managed to blend Magicka and Steamworks in a way that was satisfyingā€¦ Though, to be fair, I have very strict tastes when it comes to this sort of thing :slight_smile:

I think thatā€™s all your points covered by this random Goblin Cultistā€¦ Or did I miss something?

2 Likes

I know that some of them have strong chances better than othersā€¦I also think the chances of Docks, Ships, Fish Resources, Armor-Piercing Weapons (Lances and Handcannons) and Exclusive Faction Unitsā€¦the Steampunk and Magic worlds already collide themselfes, creating something incredible (just imagine the Empire of Total War Warhammer), so itā€™s worth to be consider; I also thought of the chances of mounts for our infantry and for a good raiding party such as Horse Archers, Heavy Lancers (Lancers on Horses), Spearmen (useful for tower defenses), Horse Knights and the mighty Paladins (exclusive elite cavalry and on foot infantry of the Ascendacy; more armored and powerful from the Knight); I know that they are planning a story inside Stoneheart (the mention of Warchief Ogo, the mysterious figureā€¦) so I thought also the forces of good (Humans, Dwarfs, Rabbit Clan, Rebel Goblins or Forest Elves) and the forces of evil (Greenskins, Phoenix Empire, Rat Men Clans and The Corrupt)ā€¦
Stoneheart started to give me questions, so I was thinking ways to upgrade it or possible future update, thatā€™s all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Questions are good. It means that TR got you thinking about their game :smiley:

Some of them are questions, others are suggestions and simple ideasā€¦the develop team listen the peopleā€™s voice, so I give some of them and interesting onesā€¦Iā€™m an expert of strategy games so I know some tricks to how make a game a true challenge or full of entertainment :wink:

1 Like

Do you prefer TBS, or RTS? Or are you one of those rare people who is honestly able to enjoy both fully?

Both of them; I started with turn battles strategy with games like The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age for GBA, Fire Emblem series and Advance Wars series, but then I learned the secrets of RTS games like C&C Red Alert and Tiberium series, Age of Empires series and Rise of Legends

1 Like