NEW BUILDER VERY UNSTABLE BRANCH O.o

And that is why I love you so much :wink:

Yes, please!

Have fun, Kyth.

2 Likes

holes in roofs mentioned and confirmed? in this thread:

EDIT: or right, this thread does as well.

Sounds great. Is this already implemented in Build 823? Updated this morning but didn’t have time to play.

I feel like many decorations and furniture are missing often when designing houses. the mean bed loves to disappear for me and there is a ton of stuff missing here

1 Like

I’ve had that issue as well. I was making a building for farms and after taking a break I decided to turn on some mods. When all the extra decorations were added it removed some of the items that were normally appearing in the tabs. Had clay windows disappear.

Edit: I did have a Potter that was in the process of crafting the windows (it took around 500 so wanted to get a jump before hitting build) they just didn’t show up in the builder anymore as an option.

1 Like

Speaking of which… I wanted to report this bug I stumbled into a few weeks back, but sort of forgot about it.

In the old builder, I encountered an issue where containers came to be a part of the building. And when a building blew up, sometimes the container was refunded, sometimes not.

When a container was refunded, all the items inside remained in it, and the container itself was subject to be sold to a merchant. When I sold it, the items it held remained in the inventory, but they were stuck permanently in the container which I have sold.

Now, I did not test this in the new builder. However, it seems an easy thing to be overlooked, and not necessary related to the builder itself, so it is probably still out there.

Edit: on a further note, it is rather unfortunate that containers which hold things can go poof altogether with the building. If anything, the items they hold should be refunded completely.

5 Likes

I remember having that problem too. It might not be the same issue but, the items I was missing from the builder menu were those that I already had in the stockpiles/crates. The items I had not crafted yet appeared as normal. Check just in case.

Have fun, Kyth.

2 Likes

Umm not quite the same. In my case the item that should’ve been in the menu was something my Potter was able to craft and should have showed up as an option for building. My potter was already in the process of crafting a lot of them and when I entered the builder again to finish adding windows to the building they were no longer an option. I quit to menu, disabled mods, re-entered the game, and the windows were back in the build menu.

In reply to myself: the new explosion ONLY removes that which was designed with the building. everything placed after falls down but stays spawned-exept for doors, they keep hanging in mid air. and arent movable, or reclaimable. TLDR: DESIGN ALL FURNISHINGS IN ADVANCE FOR THE TIME BEING. also the build tool now only allowes doors and windows inside existing walls, not in holes left for them. so concider this some points where improvements need to be made

1 Like

@SachielMF Yes the changes are in the rickety build as we speak, i could cut holes in my roof.

1 Like

Thanks, just got around to testing it, too. Unfortunately, holes in the roof don’t seem to get saved with a template yet, at least for me.
Edit: Seems much more stable already at first glance, though.

2 Likes

I need to take a look closer at this. @sdee has had an issue where the clay bed disappeared (or was never there). I need to be a bit more meticulous at collecting what items players can build and currently have. We’ve also discussed showing things you cannot build just yet, but having them greyed out.

2 Likes

Wouter_Sikkema
also the build tool now only allowes doors and windows inside existing walls, not in holes left for them.

@not_owen_wilson is this a regression?

I can’t repro that in develop. They can place fixtures just fine (with the placement menu, that is. We don’t support renovations yet).

But the other issue when destroying a building that has fixtures placed after it is built is a problem. :confused:

@Relyss yeah i meant IN the build tool. the “player tells heartlings to put something somewhere manually” tool loves little nooks you leave open for windows and has no problem with installing them after (after which they become immovable, as you say, no renovations yet)

its just the build tool that only wants to place them inside existing walls, not in holes-you-made-with-the-cut-tool-in-walls.

1 Like

The old builder was like this too, I think.

You don’t really need to make the holes first because just dragging windows and doors will automatically make the holes in the correct places.

If you mean after actually building the structure with holes, then you’re talking about renovations, because you’re trying to use the builder to modify an already built building.

Was that perhaps working on the previous version of the rickety branch? That’s strange. :thinking:

2 Likes

Ok, found the issue with fixtures sometimes disappearing from the fixture list ui. Will fix for next push.

5 Likes

Will we see size when dragging rooms and stuff anytime soon?
keep up the good work !

3 Likes

I’m working on it this sprint.

4 Likes

@Relyss yeah i was talking making holes first en then trying to slot the window into said hole.
its not a big thing because i know not to do it. but after a new player finds out he can place things, he might think “hey, a windows needs a hole” > cuts hole >cant put window there
so optionally you’d want the builder to understand both things. if no hole> make hole for window
but also “hey, a perfectly sized hole, maybe i should allow for putting a window in there*”
*that you can actually put there yourself in the placement tool

2 Likes