NEW BUILDER VERY UNSTABLE BRANCH O.o

Is this trader new?

8 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: [new_builder] In game error including “I really thought this was impossible.”

Ok, so I take it it isn’t possible to import old building templates into the new builder?

Not yet, its definitely something I’d like to try and implement soon.

2 Likes

Unfortunately not.

1 Like

@Banto Yup there are all kinds of new traders!!

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: UI error on show team workshop

This ultra-unstable branch kept crashing to windows after a few in-game days so i was not able to play too much today, but here’s a few notes I made while playing:

-Adding gold/appeal value when mousing over furniture in the building editor would be useful, as well as the item’s name.

-Cannot rearrange placed furniture items like in the old builder yet. You have to delete an item and then put a new one down. I assume this will be fixed soon since when clicking on an object there’s a floating blue voxel that I cannot seem to manipulate
*edit: Okay sometimes you can. It seems to be dependent on camera angle. It’s very hard to move around a bed in a small room.

-layering placed items like storage boxes only partially works, same with the old editor where you can only sometimes get it to work. It seems to be based on which direction the wall is facing. For example, I want to have a row of large Crates 2 high. After placing one on the bottom I can place a crate on top as it seems to be able to snap against the wall, but if I do the same thing on the other side of the same room it does not snap to the wall

-I could not place down a fence gate.

-Have to be careful not to overlap roofs too much when angling two roofs together. It leads to parts of the roof going red when trying to calculate build. Moving a roof one or two voxel spaces fixes the issue.

That’s it for now, I’ll try to play a longer game on my next try. Crashing straight to windows multiple times without an error I could copy here started to get a little bit frustrating, but I expected that sort of thing to happen with this test.

1 Like

We just fixed a crash in the topology service, hopefully it’ll be the cause of this and will get fixed in the next build.

The dragger for fixtures is that blue voxel. But yeah, it’s a little finicky sometimes, since fixtures snap to grid, it can be difficult to move them sometimes.

Interesting. I think in the new builder the fixtures can be placed against the wall (even those that are not meant to be hangable). I don’t think we can stack crates yet :frowning_face:

Oh, I know this one. Thanks for the reminder.

Have seen reports about errors when doing this, but we haven’t been able to reproduce yet :confused:

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: UI error on show team workshop

Yeeeee let’s go. I guess I’ll be doing a late night test build stream tonight. Can’t wait to play with this, break it down and re"build" it back up. Molded to perfection :wink:

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Building region gets sunk - can place blocks inside the terrain

Loving the new builder and weather system! An amazing improvement.

Only thing, has anyone encountered these errors when attempting to place the banner? I get it everytime I start a new world since switching to the rickety_building branch.

I don’t have any mods enabled. Happy to create a proper bug thread for it, but I don’t know if it’s just me.

Reloading the UI seems to let me proceed without issue.

3 Likes

Here’s a quick screenshot about what I meant about the crates

This side of the room I am able to snap crates to the wall. I put one randomly high up to show it was snapping there and not actually sitting on the crates below

This is the opposite side of the same room. Crates will not snap to the wall on this side. I can only place them on the ground.

Whether or not it’s intended to allow them to snap to a wall, it’s kind of strange that it seems to only allow it on some walls and not others and it seems to depend on what side the wall is facing.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: [New_Builder] Engine error

There is some strange bug that if you change to see lowest floor to remove all roofs above and then select the hole tool and try to drag a hole it starts showing floors above again. very frustrating

2 Likes

oooh nice topics. thanks, i must look aboot all that stuff what you deliver.:space_invader::raised_hands:

Finally started trying the new branch. Maybe it was sometime before and I just missed it, but when did this cutie get added to the world and not just dialogue?

10 Likes

Harold!.. :heartpulse::jubilant: and look at that litle backpack he has!

Have you seen Arke? they are so cute and a great way to start of the game :sunny:

12 Likes

Just a thought. If you rotate the crate, does it still snap to the same wall?