[New Builder] Cannot erase anything during building design (engine error)

Summary: When attempting to erase a structure (or portion thereof) in the design process (with the eraser button), the structure (or portion) won’t erase and an engine error will be displayed.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load my savegame (attached via Dropbox link).
  2. Access new builder screen, click on eraser button.
  3. Attempt to erase a portion of the in-progress castle (I was attempting to erase the doors).
  4. Engine error displayed, nothing erases.

Actual Results:
Building (or portion thereof) is not deleted with the erase function. Engine error below:

release-848 (x64)[M]
Unknown C++ exception
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	[C]: in function 'get'
	stonehearth/components/building2/building.lua:486: in function 'remove_blueprint'
	...ehearth/components/building2/delete_structure_op.lua:30: in function 'apply'
	stonehearth/components/building2/building.lua:368: in function 'commit_transaction'
	...hearth/services/server/building/building_service.lua:224: in function '_commit_data'
	...hearth/services/server/building/building_service.lua:522: in function <...hearth/services/server/building/building_service.lua:499>

Notes:
I commenced building this last night prior to going to bed, with the aim of completing it the next day. I was able to erase portions of it prior to this, but when I came back today I was receiving the errors. I cannot even delete/remove the building with console commands (destroy).

Attachments:
Save folder/file (1527399636586.zip) (Dropbox Link)

I have uploaded and shared this via Dropbox because the file exceeds the 10mb limit on these forums.

Version Number and Mods in use:
release-848 (x64)[M]

System Information:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: G1.Sniper 5
BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/25/14 15:28:56 Ver: 04.06.05 (type: BIOS)
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16260MB RAM
Page File: 11439MB used, 7764MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

We don’t support editing the building while it is in progress (but in any case that error should be fixed). After it is built we support undeploying furniture and placing new furniture through the placement menu, but not editing walls / roof / etc.

Thanks for reporting!

Hi Relyss. I may have misled you with my choice of words, though I was careful to say I was experiencing this during the design process and not the build phase. By “in-progress” I meant I hadn’t yet committed it to being built (by hitting the “Build” button) and was still in the process of designing it. This is happening before I hit “Build” and before my hearthlings start doing anything with it. Hopefully that clears up the misunderstanding, though happy to elaborate further if you’re still unsure. Either way, loading up my savegame would show the building wasn’t in process of being built at the time and was still in the design phase.

I experienced this issue again in another (fresh) game last night and was unable to resolve the issue with a reload. In the end I had to abandon my desire to edit the design, as the design tool simply wouldn’t let me.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

And thank you for your support! :slight_smile: