Multiple races, anyone?

The way I see it, when I start coding for the races, I want almost an enemy/ally sense. For instance; Elves hate Dwarves (but are civil), Elves are fine with humans, Elves hate Orcs (not civil), Elves like the Aquatic race (need a name, guys), and Elves are okay with Avians. Therefore, if you select to be elves, you should get trade carts from humans, while you’ll get raided by Orcs. As for bears… hmm… how about a tribal style Bear race (scaled to match dwarves)? Apologies for never playing Stardive - although the idea of having a BIG bear race does seem cool - but how would their buildings look?

I suggest watching a few videos of stardrive or searching ‘stardrive bear race’ in google images search for images. I once had an idea about a Bear race some time ago and it was basically their backstory and stuff if you want to hear it just ask but if you have your own ideas no problem, The bear race building would probably just be the normal buildings but maybe the bears start in a MASSIVE cave to build their village in because bears live in caves (Not always though, Thats just the stereotypical bear house) or the bears could build cave-like buildings made of rocks. I swear to god if you make the bear race a bunch of Ewoks I will personally hunt you down and kill you,

As for the name of the aquatic people, how about the Octopi or depending on what they look like, It will be easier to name them once we have pictures of what they will look like.

Aquavires? To go fully Latin rather than your hybrid of English and Latin in Aqua Men? :wink:

If you need aquatic dwellers so badly, why not mermaids? or just fish people…you know the kind with the spears and shtuff…plenty of fish to model after, and when I said angels without halos, i meant a human variant just with wings

You mention kahjiit but you then you called Argonians, “Lizardmen”, shame on you!

Yes, skyrim calls them Argonians, but some games prefer the term Lizardman

This is true but Lizardman is very uncreative name to call lizard looking people. Someone should come up with a cool name for them that fits stonehearth.

…I…I…I got nothin, but when I find one, I’m going to name him Marty! : P

How about instead of Lizardmen they are more like Snakemen with long tails, maybe large heads like King Cobras the overall effect would be a race that relies on stealth on scaring their enemies

Let’s not forget…snakes don’t have arms. And if it’s a reptile even with arms, it’s not a snake. If you don’t have arms, you don’t have true intelligence, so there for your logic is invalid. If you are referring to snakes with arms then it’s still a lizard.

Your logic eludes me. How is having arms a sign of intelligence? particularly in fantasy/sci-fi worlds where you don’t even need a body or form always to have intelligence. There is lots of alternatives to arms within fiction.

You could’ve however made the good point that snakes would still have to carry things and without the obvious answer of arms and no obviously easy alternative, how would they carry things around?

I was thinking of a snake witth arms and legs attached slightly leaning forward with King Cobra heads, like this one

I don’t recall exactly who made it, but wasn’t there an idea for some sort of hawk-men floating around right after the Kickstarter ended? I recall seeing a few models in the Quibicle thread… @SteveAdamo? @Geoffers747?

Hawk like models? Yes please! :smile:

I don’t have the same recollection… But I am a bit sleep deprived at the moment… :zzz:

Oh those beauties :smile: @Senkrads race he had dubbed “Avioms”

First glance at the ‘hawk’ race

With Armour

Another model

Hooded variation

A staff they would use

And here’s his thread that has some animations of the race

I believed they looked a bit like the Rito from Zelda

And I wrote a poor paragraph because I loved the idea so much.

I think that’s about it … probably more than you asked for … but hey!

3 Likes

Im new to the post, but i really like the idea of more races. Even if their not playable. Here are some ideas:

• Some sort of lizard people that live in swamps or temples (neutral)
    -Elf’s, that live in huge forests. (the king or leader could live in a giant tree in the middle of the forest.) (friendly)
    -A type of squid headed people that live under water (neutral)
    -trogdylites, which could live under water and have war with the other aquatic races. (hostile)
    -gnomes, which would live in big mushrooms and make contraptions. (friendly)
    -I also have an idea about demons, which come from a different plane (the nether or hell or something) and be all fiery and evil. (hostile)
    My idea is that some races will be hostile to other races and friendly to others. I think it would be cool if each race had a special class or armour to them. By the way, the thing at the end of each idea is their supposed alignment.
1 Like

welcome aboard @Jellypixle! :smile:

nice work on the new race brain dump… perhaps one or two will make their way into SH… personally, I’m hoping for tentacle-headed voxel mobs… :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! :smiley: I plan to add some models to this thread once i get better at making creations on Qubicle.

1 Like

How about Wolf races? :wolf:

1 Like