Multiplayer game lock ups

I’ve had a few runs with some friends for multiplayer over the last few days but have noticed as time goes on that the game sort of locks up.

We can still see the game and hear the ambient sounds of the game and usually sooner or later it comes to and we can play again, I notice that StoneHearth is using about 5GB of my 16GB system RAM and there is approx 8GB additional RAM for use.
CPU and GPU usage are nominal.

We have noticed this problem only really appears during the rain but we face the other issue of the game constantly raining.
Any suggestions or ideas for mitigating this issue would be great, I will give some details below.

Game Save Data:
Hearthlings:
-Host town (me): 11
-Player 2: 11
-Player 3: 9

Total buildings:
Host town:1
P2: 4
P3: 4 (large land masses to fill in pre-generated holes

Host System Specs:
Intel i7 4820K @ 4.3Ghz
16GB 1866Mhz RAM
RX 580 Sapphire Nitro + @1430Mhz core and 2250Mhz Memory
Installed onto SSD
Operating System installed to separate SSD
Average System temps: 50 degrees or lower

Friends systems:
Intel i5 2320
16GB 1333Mhz RAM
GTX 670 Asus Direct CUII
Installed onto HDD
Operating System installed to same HDD as game
Average System temps: 55 degrees

It is probably related to the water simulation. I had the same issue while playing multiplayer and mining around lakes.

@Rob_A, were any of you mining in the water or next to the water, like @Kafe suggests?

I think one of the guys is in fact mining near or in water to create a sort of island as there is a small section of land he could remove to achieve this.

Is that the key problem?
We also notice is we go a bit over the top with resource collection that even if heathlings are all set to only haul they will not pick up items and move them to stockpiles or storage containers.

Do you have access to the savefile of your multiplayer game?
If so, could you upload it? It would help to diagnose the lock up.

We did improve the performance of mining near/in water several times in the past, so not sure how much more can be done for that case.
Some players did also report that they notice lag during rain/snow days, so perhaps there’s some optimization that we can do for the effects (or maybe it’s something else that is creating lag while the effects are played).

When you reach the town inventory cap, the hearthlings will stop doing certain tasks until the excess items are sold or destroyed. Although it could also be that they’re thinking too much, since there are many items to choose from.

Steps for uploading a savefile:

1. Find the save folder for the saves you wish to upload. By default, they are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install).
  2. Zip the folder.
  3. Right click the folder (should be a long set of numbers).
  4. Left click on Send to in the menu that appears.
  5. Left click on `Compressed (Zipped) folder).
  6. (Optional) Rename the folder to something different than the default set of numbers.
  7. Upload the save.
  8. If the zip is less than 10 MB, you can upload it directly. Either use the upload button or drag and drop it into the compose window,
  9. If larger than 10 MB, upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

I will definitely see if I can retrieve the save for you, there is a few that ended up not doing so great I should still have one.
My system usually stays quite alright but if my friends start freezing then my game get jumpy and sooner or later one of them will fully lock up which will then also cause my game to get stuck in paused mode.