[Multiplayer Alpha] Worker AI

Summary:
Upon reaching 5-6 players, the AI of the hearthlings either ceases conducting directed work or proceeds to do-so one at a time; after several in-game days in a multiplayer match, a crafter workshop template was only 1/4th towards completion.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch multiplayer match
  2. Have 5-6 people join.
  3. Manage your settlement as usual.

Expected Results:
Regular management of settlement, i.e. constructing structures and harvesting resources at a regular pace.

Actual Results:
AI slows down, hearthlings build and/or harvest resources one at a time; this includes acquiring food to eat, leading hearthlings to starve despite a plentiful stockpile of food.

Notes:
Less players, more responsive AI. Once the player count went down from six to four, hearthlings returned to fulfilling their duties.

Version Number and Mods in use:
0.24.0 (release 841) x64 build.

Mods:
debugtools
Viking Mod
Archipelago Biome
Armis Maximus
Balista Turret
Sacred Grove Biome
Settlement Decor

1 Like

Do remember, the multiplayer is minimally tested on the unstable version. It’s called the unstable version for a reason! They just have to optimize the connections.

I can assure you that this happened to me countless times as well once we got up to 5 players.
Then again, multiplayer perfomance isn’t the best yet, so we have decided to limit our player numbers by 4 players to keep a comfortable experience.
I guess you or the host should do that as well.

Aye, good to know it’s an issue experienced by many. We’ve decided that we’d split the multiplayer group into two, three-man groups. Seems to be working fairly well as of current.