Mountain's war party does not go away

Summary: I have the wind chimes placed so the Mountain goes through his little “I don’t want to fight” speech. The war party becomes non-hostile to me except they never go away. The mountain stays in my town smashing all my buildings doors, the wolves stay hostile and my soldiers kill them, and the goblins just walk around town doing nothing.

Steps to reproduce: I’m honestly not sure how to reproduce this. It happens every time I load my current save game though.
1)
2)
3)

Expected Results: Wind chimes make the peace option happen. The mountain and the goblin army go away.

Actual Results: They stay in town and just become annoying. The mountain just keeps smashing all my doors. Since they are no longer “enemies” I can’t kill them or make them go away.

Notes: Attached the save game this happens in. I can’t progress anymore with this town until this issue is resolved.

Attachments: 1465099246373.zip (9.1 MB)

Version Number and Mods in use: Most recent updated version. No mods.

System Information:

never seen a mountain move or attack anyone. Maby by letting go of a bolder but thats just so random. :slight_smile:

have not seen a wind chime before so would not know about any buggins with it.

@Doc_Brano “Mountain” is the name of an Orc who eventually comes with a Goblin war party to conquer you. Using the wind chimes makes Mountain produce a dialog and run off while also leaving gifts, and the war party disappear.

1 Like

played hard mode but have not met him before. How long after the message that all goblins in the area are defeated will this orc come?

Actually I get the quest thing -before- I get the “no goblins” message??

This is the end of the goblin campaign, will spawn once all wolf camps are defeated. Perhaps you need some more hearthlings?

made till the point where you get a reward from the surrounded towns with only a stray enemy left. Had all the wolves and stuff done as well wich took away half my army. Have 29 villagers so far. How much would i need for it?

That is more than enough. No idea why Ogo’s Army didn’t show up… when did you create this save?

Ogo’s army shows up, the problem is that even after completing the “let’s be friends” dialogue, they never go away. I created this save shortly after the newest stable release. I converted it to zip yesterday for this post. I started a new village to test if this is an anomaly, but haven’t reached this point yet. Doc, seems to be having the opposite problem of just never getting attacked. I was hoping that people would test my save game and see if the same happens to them.

thanks for providing a save! i don’t have time right now, but i’ll check it out later when i do :slight_smile:

Any help would be appreciated. Take all the time you need. Please keep in mind that I have building disabled in the hearthling tab because I wanted them to focus on mining at this time. Not sure if changing that setting will make any difference or not. I have a lot of things lined up in the hearthling tasks list, so perhaps it is just a result of the game bogging down while thinking. Feel free to message me if you need any more data.

can’t really think of anything else right now… only thing i can think of is, do you have any mods installed?

no mods. I only run whatever the latest update is. I don’t want mods interfering with my testing.

1 Like

Downloaded your save, played it. Got a massive 8 part error screen.

release-559 (x64)c++ exception: ‘stonehearth’ has no alias named ‘effects:loot_effect’ in the manifest.stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'load_json’
radiant/modules/resources.lua:33: in function 'load_json’
radiant/modules/effects/effect_tracks.lua:34: in function '__init’
radiant/modules/common.lua:20: in function 'EffectTracks’
radiant/modules/effects/effect_manager.lua:84: in function '_add_effect’
radiant/modules/effects/effect_manager.lua:69: in function 'start_effect’
radiant/modules/effects.lua:21: in function ‘run_effect’
…h/components/task_tracker/task_tracker_component.lua:66: in function ‘_setup_current_task’
…h/components/task_tracker/task_tracker_component.lua:23: in function <…h/components/task_tracker/task_tracker_component.lua:20>

release-559 (x64)@radiant/modules/effects/effect_tracks.lua:38: [(5725348 Scout’s Hat) stonehearth:effects:loot_effect]: could not find animation named stonehearth:effects:loot_effectstack traceback:
radiant/modules/common.lua:237: in function 'report_traceback’
radiant/modules/common.lua:456: in function 'verify’
radiant/modules/effects/effect_tracks.lua:38: in function '__init’
…h/components/task_tracker/task_tracker_component.lua:66: in function ‘_setup_current_task’
…h/components/task_tracker/task_tracker_component.lua:23: in function <…h/components/task_tracker/task_tracker_component.lua:20>

release-559 (x64)radiant/modules/effects/effect_tracks.lua:44: attempt to index local ‘effect’ (a nil value)stack traceback:
[C]: ?
radiant/modules/effects/effect_tracks.lua:44: in function '__init’

release-559 (x64)c++ exception: lua runtime errorstack traceback:

release-559 (x64)c++ exception: ‘stonehearth’ has no alias named ‘effects:move_item_overlay_effect’ in the manifest.stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'load_json’
radiant/modules/resources.lua:33: in function 'load_json’
radiant/modules/effects/effect_tracks.lua:34: in function '__init’

release-559 (x64)@radiant/modules/effects/effect_tracks.lua:38: [(5891929 Wooden Window Frame) stonehearth:effects:move_item_overlay_effect]: could not find animation named stonehearth:effects:move_item_overlay_effectstack traceback:

release-559 (x64)@radiant/modules/effects/effect_tracks.lua:38: [(5874741 Wooden Window Frame) stonehearth:effects:move_item_overlay_effect]: could not find animation named stonehearth:effects:move_item_overlay_effectstack traceback:

release-559 (x64)@radiant/modules/effects/effect_tracks.lua:38: [(5364403 Scout’s Hat) stonehearth:effects:loot_effect]: could not find animation named stonehearth:effects:loot_effectstack traceback:

2 Likes

reloaded the game again, and the same 8 errors popped up.

As you can see they are staying in the middle and attack the door. thirth time they just came to attack and did not say anything about the chimes.

1 Like

Exactly, so it’s definitely not just me. I didn’t get the error messages though. Just the eternal army that never goes away. It’s a bit of a puzzle really, since the script is followed, but the expected results never happen. It’ll be interesting to see if they find a fix for this and if I’m the only person it has happened to so far.

1 Like

I actually had a similar experience, although managed to get through it so I don’t have the save file sorry. When Ogo’s army and the mountain started coming in I paused the game so I could read all the dialogue without stressing. Timing meant the game saved soon after I paused, which came in handy, since as soon as I finished the dialogue I unpaused to let it run and had mountain and friends turn yellow and be invulnerable, but still invade my town and start smashing doors. (I had the attackers for displaying a goblin honour token attacking as well so it was pretty confusing at the time, and I can’t tell you exactly who was doing what.) As soon as I realised that the mountain was bugged I reloaded the autosave (saved a real save for safety) and completed the dialogue off pause as I thought that could’ve been the issue, but had virtually the same problem. Since I had a real save this time I played with it a bit to see what was wrong, and although the mountain had turned yellow, this time I was able to attack him - he only had interest in the door though, not my guys. Messing around with the notifications I found a new notification about a gift from the mountain (didn’t come up automatically), and once I accepted it he disappeared. Fought off the goblin honour token dudes and peace was restored.

Probably not the exact same bug, but similar issue at least with the mountain not turning off aggressive mode properly. My first run through could’ve been the same thing, I think I was just saved by a well-timed autosave. I hope this gets fixed for you soon!

2 Likes

that does seem to be the case. I replayed it and found the missing message. Not sure why the dialogue didn’t pop up normally, but once I clicked it, things went back to the way they should have been.