Monsters not coming?

So I started up a new game, set it to The Ascendancy and did normal. Everything was fine until I realized - three days in - that no monsters had come. I check my Footman, and he has 36 EXP. No music had played, and I don’t get tunnel vision very often, so this was very confusing.

Soldiers now gain experience for patrolling. What patch version are you running? as I believe the encounter generator was fixed in the 572 update. I had a similar experience with the 566 release. @AaronD was getting hammered and I was barely getting any encounters on hard mode. The encounters in 572 have been stable for me so far.
http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/constant-encounters-in-hard-mode-since-last-patch-release-556/23577

I’m using the latest Unstable.

Could you upload your save so I can take a closer look at why your monster raids aren’t working?
Thanks!

I feel kind of stupid asking this, but how do I do that?

hey there @Gimmepickles92, to find the save go to this file path,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games

if you don’t know which save is the newest one, you can check the screenshot inside the save folder, then zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder) and upload it directly to the discourse either by using the upload button , or by dragging and dropping the .zip file.

if the save is larger then 10mb you could upload it to a site like googledrive or dropbox and provide a download link.

hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

auto_save.zip (5.0 MB)

I think this is it?

EDIT: I started a new world and made extra sure I chose Normal, but once again got to day 3 with no monsters.

1 Like

Currently, on normal mode, the raid generator begins after 2 full days (8am on Deepmun 3) + a random small delay (4-14 in-game hours). So the earliest your first raid can start is Deepmun 3 at 12pm. After that, the city raids are generated every 18-54 hours (avg is every 1.5 days). On hard mode, the raids can start as early as 1am on Deepmun 2 with raids coming about every day. (Note that these numbers may change as we continue to tune raids and combat).

On the save linked above, the raids started around 5pm on Deepmun 3.

Hope that helped!

3 Likes