Monsters Ignoring Spawn Rules?

I’m not sure if I can deliberately reproduce this one, but I’ve had it happen 3-4 times during this game.

In short, enemies will spawn right next to, or even inside, of my constructed buildings. And I don’t mean that they will spawn nearby and walk inside, I mean they spawn literally inside a building which has finished construction. At the same time, I get camps and other mobs spawning where they’re supposed to, so this seems to be randomly occurring. Furthermore, I’m not (to my knowledge) compressing or restricting the spawn areas in any strange way. I’ve had a hell of a time getting this single building constructed, but have some other farms and such nearby out of shot.

Have some screens:

I’ve had a couple of these camps spawn right here, they seem to really like this location. This one was while the building was in progress, but the second time they had spawned there.

Perhaps it was intentional?

How do you mean? Given what I’ve seen explained in the dev blog about mob spawning, this shouldn’t be possible, hence my bug flag.

Maybe it’s because your world is so small?

They have to spawn far away from any of your structures, but it seems like your using a small world

Maybe they ran out of space and selected the most appropriate place possible(which will be nowhere in this case) so they spawned randomly?

@Albert may clarify this. But just to be sure, could you please upload that savefile, @Aethrios , so we can take a look at it?

Here you are! https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-yW4EBL-jH6NWZ0NUh5SFptMFk

And @Hyrule_Symbol, the world is normal sized, I’m just on a peninsula. All throughout this issue I’ve had monsters and camps spawning further away, in “appropriate” places.

Thanks! I’ll take a look.

1 Like

I couldn’t find the source of the problem in the save. Maybe it has to do with editing buildings already under construction (which is no longer possible as of develop-2969).

If anyone else sees weird spawn locations after this build, please let us know!

1 Like

I have had a couple interesting run ins with trying to change buildings while/after they were constructed… there has been a lot of reloading in 2969 :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for taking a look though!