Mods from Tuhalu

Tried the column mod on the latest version, works great, thanks for the mod

Mod doesn’t show up unless its a new game which gave me some confusion at first, but I eventually worked it out lol

That is standard for Stonehearth mods right now I believe. With enough modding, you can replace almost the entire game, so it would be very risky to let mods work with saves created without them.

2 Likes

Is there a possibility to mixinto a .less file instead of overriding ?

i try to fill up my “Fine_Stone_Craft” with the necessary parts for building but the building manager won`t show them up

To my knowledge not.

This is a bug that they’ll have to solve at some point for modding.
For the moment you’ll have to override the less file if you want to display the icons, but that won’t help because the path is hardcoded in the javascript file anyway… :persevere:

2 Likes

I’ve been working on adding a marble resource into the mod so my marble columns can be made with actual marble. I have been using @phector2004’s Tutorial for adding mining resources and also comparing against his Lightsaber Mod with the included crystal ore.

I’ve gotten marble dropping from regular stone no worries, but I’ve come across two issues in the implementation of ore veins.

Firstly, my implementation has an error in it. The code looks good to me in pretty much every way, so I probably need some fresh eyes to spot the error for me. Halp.

Current progress: Here

Secondly, I noticed that while phector2004’s mod has crystal ore veins in it, you can’t click on the blocks of them like you can with the radiant implemented ore veins. Edit: Turns out the highlighting is hardcoded in stonehearth/services/client/terrain_highlight/terrain_highlight_service.luac. So until Radiant exposes the list of terrain items to be highlighted in a json file, I’ll leave it alone.

3 Likes

Hey,

Can’t really test this at the moment, but I did notice that in you data/terrain/terrain_blocks.json your code is missing a hashtag by the color modifier. Here:

ln 4: "marble" :       { "tag" : 501, "color" : "DEDEDE", "kind" : "marble" }

Whereas it should be:

ln 4: "marble" :       { "tag" : 501, "color" : "#DEDEDE", "kind" : "marble" }

Which I don’t think should do anything, but taking a look at the stonehearth counterpart all of the colors have hashtags. I’ll keep looking and update if I find anything else.

Thanks for noticing that. I’m not getting past the previously mentioned bug, but it probably helps prevent some other bug later.

Edit: I’ve rechecked things yet again. Tweaked a thing here and there to no effect. The error is definitely to do with the marble vein only, but I just can’t see there is any effective difference between my scripts and what is in the saber mod scripts.

Hey @Tuhalu; I think I know what’s the problem, but you won’t like it.

Mixintos don’t work well together with arrays, I don’t remember exactly why but the results aren’t what you’d expect. And in scenario_index.json you’re doing exactly that.

One solution might be to add in all the values from their array into yours in addition to having your own value. It’s not exactly the most mod friendly solution though, I think TR have to change so there’re no arrays but rather use objects instead.

As someone who used HTML before Twitter became popular… :tongue:

It’s a number sign, pound sign, approximation of a sharp sign, an octothorp(e) I really like that one, actually, and maybe, maybe even a hash sign. But colors most definitely are not preceded by hashtags! Also, stop that racket you call your newfangled music and GET OFF MY LAWN!

But, yeah, probably need a # before colors, because… tradition? I guess?

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s it actually. I tried putting it directly into the original scenario_index.json rather than using a mixinto and it still gives exactly the same error.

Yeah it didn’t do any difference. The bug was much much much simpler. In the manifest you forgot a ‘)’ when you’re doing a mixinto for the terrain_blocks.json.

EDIT: On the bright side it did get me to look more into how scenarios work.

Thanks. I knew I was doing something basic wrong, but my eyes just couldn’t see it.

I also found out what happens when you forget the # mark in your color. Stonehearth defaults the block color to black.

Uploaded a new version of the Columns mod… now with actual marble resources in the world. Surprised? >.>

Also fixed the levels on the recipes. Regular marble type columns require Level 2 now… Need to make even sweeter columns for levels 4-6!

3 Likes

Wanna help me spearhead the Increased Work Units movement?
In real life, a blacksmith or mason needs to hammer (and chisel) away at their item for hours, they should at least reflect this by taking half a minute to forge a sword!

Or in your case, a column slab

#YES! THANK YOU!!!
Wasn’t trying to ‘hash-tag’ just now, # actually makes it header text!

3 Likes

As long as it is in line with the accelerated timeline of Stonehearth. I could perhaps see myself bumping up the numbers of recipes with additional materials to represent the extra complexity of the build. Otherwise I’m pretty comfortable with the way it is now.

2 Likes

Added a new mod: more_signs. If anyone has some ideas for other signs I could model, I’ll certainly consider it. Trying to keep them at the same size as the ones currently in game for now.

Found that I needed to add some colour to make the pick and the footman’s signs look right.

The cup is nice though. Fits perfectly with the stuff that’s already in game. Now I just need to make some bar stools and sections of bar and we’ve can have a tavern :wink:

Also revised the iconic versions of the columns in the columns mod to fit into a 1 tile space. They were 2 tiles tall previously.

2 Likes

Added a picnic mod, which includes a table and bench. Thinking about adding an umbrella that you can plant on the table and would cover the adjoining benches.

3 Likes

Sign ideas:

Fletcher
Cooper
Wagon-wheel maker
Apothecary
Alchemist
Herbalist
Doctor
Barber (/ Surgeon)
Bank

:open_mouth: No red-and-white checkered blanket?! No picnic basket?!
Actually… when crates and such come out, you could make a custom basket container to store and move food.

2 Likes

Not sure how I could go about making a blanket useable though. Would be wierd making it a “seat” at ground level due to lack of animations for hearthlings to sit on the ground. Also, you can’t even have more than one bum per seat anyway (which makes picnic benches a bit wierdly large, but I kind of works anyway).

On the other hand, added a Picnic Umbrella recipe for the weaver to the mod. Also included a recipe to combine the umbrella and the table into one piece.

Going to look at making some more signs tomorrow. The trick of course, being making an icon that fits into a very small area.

4 Likes

There’s definitely animations for this, used by the campfire at night! I don’t know how any of it could be set up for other items, though.

Nice umbrella!

1 Like