Modding Stonehearth's Graphics Test Program

SWT :arrow_right: Stonehearth Wormhole Technology … it’s a “thing”… :o:

1 Like

heheh, yea. Imagine what the bunnies must feel hopping suddenly beneath the sand. :smile:

@Alesfatalis yep it is just placed on top, replacing the tree.

2 Likes

I totally tried that! Unfortunately I broke the SGT while trying, something to do with header.compression. Congratulations on your success! :tophat::ok_hand:

try turning off the compression in the qb export settings. It does not need compression.

Not only does it not need compression, it does not allow compression :wink:.

Great stuff :slight_smile: just noticed this thread. I thought about tinkering in the files… but I kept hearing this voice that sounded like Tom’s saying “It’s not the final version! THINGS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!!!” :slight_smile:

Plus I have no time at the moment.

Cool to see you’re all jumping on the how-to stuff, will come in handy later.

1 Like

Am I the first one to modify the lua files and not replace things?

(by the way the juniper tree was also placed with lua, not model replacement, but the coat is worker outfit replaced)

6 Likes

lunar can you add a function to control the people around plz

oooh… @LunarWolf, add unicorns too! :smile:

but seriously, nice outfit replacement!!

Thanks @Miturion and @voxel_pirate for the information

Anyone know how to control the maximum zoom value?

Edit, added some more screenshots to show the size of this monster

20 Likes

oh heh guys, it’s @Froggy… and heh, there goes my mind! :boom:

good grief my friend… that is indeed all sorts of ridiculous awesomeness…

4 Likes

I love seeing our little yellow highlight all around the walls.

4 Likes

No pressure Team Radiant, but as long as I can build this in the game, I’ll be a happy bunny :smile: :rabbit:

3 Likes

i have a feeling that you will somehow manage to stress the limits (should there be such a thing), that might be imposed by team radiant…

good grief! :cold_sweat:

Yes you are. What did you use to compile the code? Or is there something special in how you decompiled it? Since nothing I tried got it to work.

@Alesfatalis. LunarWolf pretty much just proved at least the custom compiler wrong and probably the rest as well.

Nope I didn’t disprove anything because I didn’t even recompile the code just decompiled it. Through it in to see if it would still run normally and without adding problems and it did so then I modded it.

3 Likes

I’m a moron. A complete and utter moron. You’re confirming you just put in the decompiled lua and it ran fine right? Because that means I know what went wrong for me, I never tried that for a file, only all files which includes the ones that didn’t decompile correctly.

1 Like

We (Team Radiant) respectfully disagree. :wink:

3 Likes

Not sure what to say to that, I’ll just say thanks for the vote of confidence but not realising that the fact that the decompiler was wiping some of the files (ai_component.luac to be precise) was causing the lua to not load is kinda stupid.

I made something that worked! Marvel at the might of big_rabbit.

Now to try stuff until I can get Qubicle working.

EDIT: Turns out basic modifications of the terrain are fairly easy, expect to see some kind of example as soon as I figure how the terrain colouring system works. No idea how it determines the different rings or anything yet.

7 Likes

@Xavion the coloring of terrain works via a config.json-file which you can find in the folder: mods > stonehearth > renderers > terrain.