Modding Stonehearth: first steps

Sorry guys… still on vacation. But will be back on this weekend and am already looking forward to dig into the Alpha…

4 Likes

It’s out guys and it’s only $11 and you can buy it here.

Out now: Qubicle Constructor 1.6 Stonehearth Edition for only $11! Start modding Stonehearth today: Get Qubicle | Qubicle

Purchase now and get a free upgrade to Qubicle 2 Play Stonehearth when it’s out.

Beginner tutorial “Modding Stonehearth: First Steps”: http://minddesk.com/wiki/index.php?title=Qubicle_Constructor_1%3AModding_Stonehearth%3A_First_Steps - FB

2 Likes

I’m having issues adding my own models into the game. Every time I do, they either have floating heads or the game will not load at all. Can someone please explain how they add their own models into the game, thanks.

place does matter when exporting to .qb. So if they are floating too high, place them lower and export to .qb again.
easiest is if you open an existing people and edit the head.

I will give that a try. Friendly reminder, please hit the reply button under the person’s name so they can get notified when you reply to their statement.

If I have Quibcle Home Edition already, do I need to get the stonehearth edition?

Nope :slight_smile:

The Home edition does a couple more things than the Stonehearth edition, so do not worry!

1 Like

aye… and someone correct me if im wrong, but the SH edition is simply limited in the file formats you can export into (basically paring it down to the extension needed to import into SH)…

1 Like

Hey so i was poking around looking for qubicle constructor and i found out the stonehearth version has been released and its only $11!!

not sure if anyone has rung the bells so to speak but i for one and buying this!

like right now…

http://minddesk.com/buy.php

Skull24 was so kind to link this news already… for sure worth a look!

1 Like

did a search but nothing came up. was expecting to hear more about it tbh.

I have also updated the “consolidated” thread about QC. So actually you can export .qb-format but not .obj-format. Also some functions are limited. just browse through the following thread. You will find some comments from Tim on the features.

hmmm… tis a puzzler. We can buy the SH version and make models but be unable to animate and create custom objects.

will have to think on this as it seems we would need the full edition to do any real modding.

have i understood that right?

Well… in general yes. However, I think animation will be more “advanced” than “real” modding. It is quite some effort to do, so I think the Stronehearth Edition will be just fine for most people who want to change the look, add not movable items, etc.

1 Like

but we could still add in more craftable items and objects to place in the world?

as for the animation in sure a solution will arise. Perhaps some library of models pre-animated which we could skin? if thats possible

All the items in Stonehearth are saved in .qb-format. So you will be able to:

• Change the “skin” of existing items, creatures, monsters, plants, professions, etc.
  • Create own items which are placeable and usable
  • Create own monsters, items, etc.

The limitation is simply that as soon as you want to have any of your creations animated, you will have to re-use what Stonehearth offers. E.g. you can take the animation of a deer and add it to your model of a horse (something in the same size and with the same amount of limbs). Only if you want to implement something which does not fit to an existing item, animal, etc. you will run into limitations and might prefer to create own animations. I guess this will really be somoething for advanced modders.

1 Like

yeah thats pretty much where i was getting at.

well for $11 im not complaining and besides i don’t really have a lot of experience animating so this edition is just fine by me.

Going to be putting it to good use. I’m so excited :smile:

Still can’t get it to work right. Everytime I try to add my custom model the bodies are with out heads and they do not move. Can anyone explain why they think it is not working.

If you’re going with the ‘replacement of qb’ method, make sure they are exported with the settings @voxel_pirate mentioned somewhere in the posts above. And make sure your matrices have the same size and origin (some models seem to be located through the axis instead of beginning at 0,0,0) as the original model. The voxels have to be in the same place as the original model too. For example, for a head, make sure the neck is at the exact same place into the matrix as the original neck was.

If you are already doing this, then I have no idea why does it happen. :confused:

1 Like

I will give that a try and give you guys an update on what happened.