Modding Stonehearth: first steps

you make perfectly valid points… but i think its only fair to give the developers time to provide the tools they have in mind for the modding community (which they seem uniquely interested in supporting)…

alternatives, while a bit more tedious and/or hacky, can potentially hold us over till then… :+1:

1 Like

You really read selective. :wink:
I said I added that and it might be incorrect.

Furthermore, I cannot imagine that in the negotiations between Minddesk and Radiant Entertainment the exporting of *.obj is not discussed. There is no reason I can come up with that they would not have discussed that. But it turns out it cannot be included in a cheap stonehearth edition.

Pretty much this. If you really want to start animating now you can. Just use another free voxel editor that can export to *.obj. Like sproxel for example. The only downside it you still have to make the deer .qb file in qubicle. But making the deer twice is not that much time compared to time animating takes.

But we can always just call @sdee or @Tom to let us know the current status of the animating proces they have in mind for modders without Qubicle Home edition.

1 Like

I could very well imagine that this is a trade-off… having a competitive priced Stonehearth-Edition which will work for most people vs. a more up-priced Home- and Master-Edition for the “Pros”. Curious about QC2 as I have in mind that the pricing scheme might change there.

3 Likes

yes, that is what I think too.

How can i get the Normal Male head body etc and his clothes cause i want to change the models for Stonehearth (I have Qubicle SH Edition)

you should be able to grab it from this thread… have fun!

But dont i need the Official models to work in the game?

no sir… you can bring any of your own Qubicle creations into the game… :smiley:

if you buy the Stonehearth edition, it provides for exporting into the proper format (.qb)…

1 Like

@ThiqzMod best might be if you load the .qb-files from Stonehearth in to QC. You will need the body-, head and cloth-files. Depending on what you want to do you have to adjust the right file. Stonehearth is combining them in the game to a final model of your worker, profession, etc.

The bodies and heads you can find here:

“…\Stonehearth\mods\stonehearth\entities\humans”

The cloths here:

“…\Stonehearth\mods\stonehearth\entities\professions” (always in the “outfit”-folder).

@SteveAdamo you can take the unofficial models, but they will not be 100% the same (they do not have to be) and you will need to cut them into pieces, which is quite some work.

2 Likes

how do i cut these into pieces cause my model is done xD

1 Like

I would suggest you take a look at some of @Tom’s earlier steams, were he demonstrates this very thing…

I’ll link when I’m not stuck on my phone…

1 Like

2 Things
First, Where can i find his streams :3
Second, Do you know why the picture has pink lines around the model?

Oh and i also made this Blu Spy for TF2

1 Like

the archive of Radiant’s videos on Twitch can be accessed here, with one of the specific animation example videos available here

have fun! :wink:

1 Like

@ThiqzMod more or less you copy the model once more, so you have the whole model twice located above each other:

• Rename the matrix to e.g. “full model” (F2 in QC)
  • Create a copy of the matrix and rename it to indicate the body-party it should contain (e.g. “shoulderLeft”)
  • Delete all other body-parts from your new matrix, which should only include the body-part now which is reflected by the name of the matrix.
  • Continue to create copies of your “full model”-matrix for each body-part and keep on deleting all body-parts per matrix which are not “covered” by the name of the matrix.
  • At the end you should have one matrix for each body-part and you can delete the initial “full model”-matrix… still you should see the whole model… if not, you have forgot one of them and you need to add another matrix or matrices.

If you plan to include the model in Stonehearth just load one of the existing .qb-files to see which are the proper names for body-parts and what they should contain.

The [past streams you can find here][1], just look for “past broadcasts”.

1 Like

Alright thank you :smiley:

but how do i get the parts of the model together

What do you mean? Once you have split the matrix you keep the separated elements and export them as a single .qb-file. If all the namings have been done well, Stonehearth will put them together.

but do i need to put them in the the exact middle of qubicle? where the 3 lines meet?

That’s where you should take a look on the existing .qb-files for humans in Stonehearth. They are not exactly centered and the matrix has a certain size (to align the model). Just take one as a template and you should be all set.

1 Like

easiest is to open an existing qb file from stonehearth.

• open qubicle
  • drag the qb file to qubicle (If you not already have the fixed version)

Then look at how they are set up. position + naming.

Even better is to just change those models to your liking and export it.

1 Like