[MOD] Vikingmod V [0.55]

Hi all, i thought i’d make a thread so i can sort of contain my updates on a mod im doing here.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1384858026

Current contents:
stone axe, rune stone (needs better art) fireplace (1x1 hearth) bronze/iron/steel/mythril: sword, axe, runed comb(invisible helmet), and chainmail.
wooden shield, wooden shield, covered in linnen and a wooden runed comb

8 Likes

WOW. I loved this. Great job!!

I have a mod that has 4 axes. If u like, u can use them :grin:

@Tanrion that is a really kind offer and i think i can defnitly use one of those :slightly_smiling_face:
also, really cool stuff man! the cleric really can use some extra stuff :open_mouth:

rune_stone

time to have my mason make decorative rune stones.!
i’d kinda like to do the same thing as i did with the shields (randomised appearance)
so if anyone is bored and wants to contribute a stone: here is a base to start from:

rune_stone.qb (30.5 KB)

EDIT:
also @Tanrion the one axe that interested me (the one that hooks down sharply, i think its your steel axe, looks like it has an empty .qb file, at least in your dark version.

3 Likes

Feel free to use or edit :grin:

Thanks, man :smile: It’s been a while since i’ve created those. Now i’m creating again, but I want to reach a higher level :laughing:

Oh, the top first one? I think that’s just the image. Idk if I have changed the qb file :thinking:

Update: i just fixed up the typo’s missing pictures and mis-alligments: the viking mod on steam has just been updated!:
current features:

• Wooden roundshield (multiple random designs, might look slightly different then pic)
  • viking longsword
  • steel axe (want better art, anyone able to help, give a shout)
  • rune stone
    long_sword_vikingsteel_axewooden_round_shieldrune_stone
3 Likes

Thanks for making a Viking mod can’t wait to see what stuff you make :smiley:

1 Like

does anyone know what this means:

release-835 (x64)[M]
c++ exception: Error reading file Vikingmod/jobs/carpenter/recipes/recipes.json: Missing : Source: { “craftable_recipes” : { “weapons” : { “recipes” : { “training_roundshield” : { “recipe” : “file(training_roundshield_recipe.json)” }, { “wooden_round_shield” : { “recipe” : “file(wooden_round_shield_recipe.json)” } } } } } }
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘load_json’
radiant/modules/resources.lua:40: in function ‘load_json’
…nehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:259: in function ‘_build_craftable_recipe_list’
…nehearth/services/server/job/job_info_controller.lua:106: in function ‘activate’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:305: in function ‘create_controller’
…earth/services/server/job/player_jobs_controller.lua:55: in function ‘_ensure_job_id’
…earth/services/server/job/player_jobs_controller.lua:84: in function ‘get_job’
stonehearth/services/server/job/job_service.lua:75: in function ‘get_job_info’
stonehearth/components/job/job_component.lua:147: in function ‘get_job_info’
…rver/town/orchestrators/craft_items_orchestrator.lua:17: in function ‘run’
stonehearth/services/server/town/town.lua:440: in function ‘_thread_main’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:273: in function <stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270>
[C]: in function ‘xpcall’
radiant/modules/commons.lua:73: in function ‘xpcall’
stonehearth/services/server/threads/thread.lua:270: in function ‘f’
radiant/lib/env.lua:15: in function <radiant/lib/env.lua:14>

because once again: i broke something while putting more stuff in.
entire mod included for ogling purpose:

1369569709.zip (35.7 KB)

2 Likes

ok that things is better then i expected by a factor of 500, and solved it, thanks bruno!

1 Like

Update: added a stone, bronze, and iron axe, and iron chainmail. still need to ballance their stats more but it should work. may need to do some model allignment but ill have to test.

Edit:
Models now aligned so axes aren’t head-based weaponry…

wanted to share this:

4 Likes

Hey, man
How did u do this? :thinking:

Basicly I used the goblins random appearance code, the shield itsself is an invisible model, and then the game picks one_of a number of ‘heads’ which is the actual shield model, to keep it simple, I’ll post the snippet of code later :slight_smile:

1 Like

does anyone know if i make a helmet with no model the hearthlings just keep their hair?
(my historical research told me vikings usualy never wore helmets. just the chieftains did)
So im going to make a bronze/iron/steel comb. their well kept locks will protect them! :wink:

Check the cleric head gear. It does keep the hair.

2 Likes

Good one, exactly what I’ll do :slight_smile:

Incoming update after I check it at home and debug, adding:
Bronze and iron viking swords
Wooden, bronze, iron and steel combs. (Basicly helmets that don’t look like helmets)

Update: probably needs a few bug fixes and or fixed text strings but now includes mythril deposits, and mythril arms and armor

edit: just noticed i forgot the actual mythril bar recipe… expect that published tonight lol.

1 Like

I hope one day this gets to incorporate some of the cultural and more mystic attributes of the vikings!

2 Likes