Mod Suggestion: Backpacks

I feel as though blacksmiths do a lot of hauling like the workers, maybe thats just my play-style, but maybe they could have a cart or sled that they put ores,ingots, etc. on… Just a suggestion, not sure how to implement @8BitCrab@Stmpnk

1 Like

I was thinking about carts or wheelbarrows at first, too. But this would cause problems with Hearthlings using ladders and stairs (it would at least look really wierd). Therefore, backpacks or baskets are the best solution IMO.

2 Likes

Yeah :sweat_smile:… I think I experienced that with my hearthlings. If I remember it correctly my workers was around the number of 5. My town is always under constant attacks so that means more item drops. And then there’s the enemy camps that I attacked. Because of that, my hearthlings are having a hard time picking them up and transport them… and I have a lot of stockpiles.
(It takes them 2-3 whole Stonehearth days to haul one or two.)

So my map has a lot of scattered loot all over.(All that net worth wasted) :confounded:

But seriously they look really awesome :thumbsup:, and I’m not only talking about the backpacks :school_satchel: but your other works as well :wink:.hmmm… official game models…

2 Likes

I was also thinking about a cart system :smiley:, or maybe a horse carriage :horse: of sorts. In the way I thought of it, it kinda works like a bus stop :minibus::busstop: or train stations :light_rail::station: would. The transporter (cart or carriage) will wait near a stockpile “stop” and it will collect any items that is hauled there. The transporter will only transport the said items from another stockpile “stop” if, I don’t know for example, that stockpile “stop” is in need of items or is not full of that item. Maybe the “open” and “close” buttons in the crafting menu can be also applied in the stockpile “stops” so that the transfer of items to different “stops” can be controlled.

Sorry if it doesn’t make sense :sweat:. I don’t even know if it will work or not.
I’m really sorry if it sounded nonsense in any way

PS. I accidentally pressed the “heart/like” button :heart: twice… I can’t like back, help…

Which post are you having issues liking? I see likes for both Rdrago1 and BarbeQ’s posts.

1 Like

Well… yours actually… :disappointed_relieved:
I always like to like all posts, really sorry :cry:

You’ve liked all of my posts:

1 Like

Oh :flushed:… Is that so? That’s good to hear.
It’s the post in the second picture actually. Shows me a message if I click the like button again.
Anyway thanks :smile:.

1 Like

Quick update: I said above I was planning to play with this over the weekend. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), I’ve got a project I need to complete for a job I applied for. It’s going to take up a good chunk of time, so doubtful that I’ll get to this. It’s still on my to-do list, just moved down a little :disappointed:.

2 Likes

OHHHH fancy! This is stuff the devs should look into

4 Likes

It’s ok :smiley:! Don’t let this interfere with your job :necktie::briefcase:. :blush:

1 Like

thanks mate, though just going to reiterate what i said earlier, this really is the devs work with just a few added/removed voxels :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any chance of convincing the developers of adding this in? I would imagine its not that hard to add, they can even copy-paste the bonus inventory from the trapper.

1 Like

How about giving workers the ability to level up? Which in turn works the same as other classes, when they level up they get extra bonuses, and the worker bonus would be more backpack space and working speed: IE: mine faster, build faster, haul faster. Any thoughts on this? If this was mentioned earlier in the thread i do apologize for repeating this, i just kinda read the first few posts and then just skimmed a few here and there and i came to thinking, well…workers dont level up at the moment, so its an incentive to keep workers as well as high level workers since they would have the ability to level up and gain more utility out of it!

2 Likes

i’m pretty sure that’s due to the way exp and lvls are handled in the game, currently if you have a lvl 4 crafter and decide to change them to a footman, to get that footman to lvl 1 will take as much exp as it would to get to lvl 5. (i hope that explanation made sense)

so if workers had lvls, it would be really painstakingly slow to lvl up in all the other classes… :confused:

2 Likes

hmm then how about the option to turn workers, into dedicated workers? make it like how all job selection classes are, and have workers Job ADV. into…Super workers? so it wouldn’t interfere with the other job adv leveling up process? because at the moment around the goblin gong story lines, if im not proactively watching my workers, they could potentially get 1-2 shotted from the world mobs, so heres where the levels would come into play! they would have a slightly larger health pool, less than the footmans possibly since they are combat oriented, but more than what they have now, and then have the weavers make them backpack upgrades and armor when they reach certain levels. But yes it did make sense to me with what you said when i sat and thought about that for a minute, because its rough leveling up engineer job…or atleast it seems that way to me.

1 Like

This conversation gave me an idea. No idea if it is workable in a mod but here it is. A wheel barrow or cart would be cool. It’s a storage container with 32 or 64 or however many slots. When placing it, you set a load point and and unload point. It would have a selectable threshold that when met has a worker move it from the load point to the unload point and back.

For example, you set the load point by your farm fields. Farmers fill it up and once its 50% or 100% or however full, a worker pushes it to the unload point with could be inside a warehouse. Once at the unload point it would automatically have the content filter set to none so the workers then unload it. Once empty, the worker pushes it back to the load point and the whole process starts all over.

This would possibly save a lot of time having workers haul large volume resources like food, wood, stone ore etc 4 bars at a time.

3 Likes

That will actaully be a super good idea :smiley:

1 Like

We actually kinda talked about it a little while back :smiley:.
Scroll up a little :arrow_up:
I agree that wheel barrows or carts are pretty cool.
Nice idea by the way :thumbsup:.