[MOD] Stonehearth Cafe (Cooking And Farming Expansion) Discontinued

just a note that this is currently working great with 24.3 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Currently this mod seems not compatible with any mod that adds loadouts due to the overwrite of the loadout file. Since the load order of the mods seems random, only mods that load after this one can add loadouts, other previously loaded mods with loadouts are overwritten. You might want to concider using mixintypes to remove the three existing loadouts and readding them with the berry juice added in stead of overwriting the complete file.

Uhm, loadouts and their contents are arrays of objects… This make it impossible to target one specific item there using mixintos… It should be just a common table, with keys where the value is the loadout. This way we could target the key with a mixinto and change only what is needed.

2 Likes

Thanks for correcting me about possibly using mixintype remove. Still, having a mod as good (and close to a must have mod) incompatible with all loadout adding mods (specialized loadouts, miner mod and creative starting) is slightly annoying. Fully agree that a better solution would be for the devs to just make it a table to make addapting loadouts more mod friendly.

Hey @Froggy small question: currently im still busy making viking stuff, but i was thinking on an expansion mod to your caffe mod. :hygene.
you think its possible to basicly rig up a “second thirst” that depletes slower, is feb by water / soap and hearthlings prefer to use a -bathtub- instead of chairs? im rubbish/non existed level currenlty at making anims but im imagining a soft of soapy scrubbing animation be used instead of eating/drinking anim.

the bathtub could basicly -be- a chair with an bathtub exterior, coding wise as far as i can think up.
moddeling a bath shouldnt be -too- difficult (except maybe the water in it…so might need to keep it empty.)

thoughts?

1 Like

Will this be including new traits like Clean Freak and Pig Pen?

1 Like

to be fair i didnt even know those were traits…

Edit I just realised I can read your comment in different ways.

If you mean “after implementing hygiene, can more traits relating to that be added: probably” but one step at a time man :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They aren’t, I was suggesting them to go with your hygiene mod :stuck_out_tongue: Haha, you’re right. Carry on…

1 Like

The thirst mechanic is basically a tweaked hunger mechanic with a drinking animation. Unfortunately constants.lua is a lua file which has to be overwritten and only mod can override a file at any one time. While there is nothing stopping you pursuing this awesome idea, it would not be compatible with Cafe.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

bugger. there really should be a load order thing so compatability mods can be a thing…

heyho @Froggy little info without errorcodes etc. I have getten the input that the bees-campaign generates issues in MP with “ownership issue”.

if i see the error or get the errorcode i will send it to you

Uhm, why? Maybe things changed since your last use of it, because from what I’m seeing, that lua file is simple loading things from a json file, which you could edit in a mod friendly way. Or did I miss something?

3 Likes

-hope intensifies-

You raise a valid point. The patching process after 2 alphas was rushed and a little rusty. I spent more time emulating what they were doing, rather than understanding… and you’re right, I could reference the .json directly rather than the “sign posting” lua file… thus avoiding that override.

I’ll see if I can get it running on the next update. Thanks for the heads up.

4 Likes

I know exactly what this is. I’ll fix it later.

Basically, in order for the kick command to show on the GM spawned beehives, it had to belong to the player - else it wasn’t visible. I’ve set it to ‘player_1’ using a restore_command component.

I’m guessing I’ll have to do it properly now… :cry:

4 Likes

Hi Froggy ,

i Have a problem on Stoneheart whit this Mod .

I dont know why this window appears ?

Can you help me ?

Hi Dolphin, you need to be running the latest version for this mod to work correctly. The current version is release-841 and you are running 790 still. Assuming you are running the game on Steam, you can enable the latest version in the betas tab.

1 Like

Ho …Sorry :wink:

I do as you said , Thank u so much…

And I like this mod, it should be an integral part of the game .

Good Continuation !! Thank u.

Dolphin

hey @Froggy silly question maybe but: when you start the game the quest-bird gives you roast suassages. but the cook doesnt seem to have recipes for them? is this intentional or am i missing something?

There is no recipe for that in vanilla.

One thing I noticed though @Froggy is that you are changing the order of the recipe categories. Just remove that ordinal: x from you file to let the game use the default value (you only need for your new category)