[MOD] Stonehearth Cafe (Cooking And Farming Expansion) Discontinued

Making the juice but it just sits in storage nobody drinks

Thank you so much UnkaBean! This is one of my favourite mods :slight_smile:

They wonā€™t. Iā€™d forgo making juice for now. There are solutions above that remove thirst since it isnā€™t working properly (Iā€™d download Unkabeanā€™s update). Then, Iā€™d just make food.

1 Like

Hiya Lazuli, just ran through the mod again and all is fine on this end. Did you remove the _REG at the end of the file? making it cookmod.smod? That is only thing I can think of that would do it.

Anyone else having problems? Besides drinks :wink: I mean with storage and appeal on food :wink:

btw running latest release on Steam :slight_smile: thatā€™s where I got it. So not sure if it is latest build or not.

Hi again UnkaBean. It decided to work after a restart just to mess with me :smirk:, so I edited my post. Thought Iā€™d caught it before you saw my message, sorry!

Your hard work was so much appreciated that I appear to have lost 3 hours setting up a new town. Oooops :grin: Iā€™m on the stable release atm, so it appears that it will work with either branch.

1 Like

So Happy to know :slight_smile:

I am starting a thread where I am going to try to keep it updated

till Froggy comes back.

I'm learning modding so will add some food and crop recipes

to it in the future as I learn more. Till then I will play with it and try
to fix it and hand it over to Froggy when he returns. This is such
an awesome mod Iā€™d hate to see it die.

2 Likes

So idk what im supposed to do. I added the mod to the folder and almost everything is working alright. Except my Hearthlings wonā€™t drink and simply die from dehydration :frowning: i copied the clipboard from the error messeage for you so that maybe someone could help me fixing it.

Here you go:

release-790 (x64)[M]
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:84: (8374 Maggie Nonac) has no task group stonehearth:basic_needs
stack traceback:
radiant/modules/commons.lua:46: in function ā€˜report_tracebackā€™
radiant/modules/commons.lua:57: in function <radiant/modules/commons.lua:51>
[C]: in function ā€˜assertā€™
stonehearth/components/ai/ai_component.lua:84: in function ā€˜get_task_groupā€™
cookmod/components/hydration/hydration_component.lua:164: in function ā€˜spawn_drink_taskā€™
cookmod/components/hydration/hydration_component.lua:179: in function ā€˜_start_drink_taskā€™
cookmod/components/hydration/hydration_component.lua:114: in function ā€˜_consider_drinkingā€™
cookmod/components/hydration/hydration_component.lua:152: in function ā€˜_on_hourlyā€™
cookmod/components/hydration/hydration_component.lua:23: in function ā€˜fnā€™
radiant/controllers/nonpersistent_timer.lua:56: in function ā€˜fireā€™
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:86: in function <radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:86>
ā€¦
radiant/controllers/time_tracker_controller.lua:86: in function ā€˜set_nowā€™
ā€¦hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:422: in function ā€˜_on_event_loopā€™
ā€¦hearth/services/server/calendar/calendar_service.lua:46: in function ā€˜instanceā€™
radiant/modules/events.lua:291: in function <radiant/modules/events.lua:285>
[C]: in function ā€˜xpcallā€™
radiant/modules/commons.lua:66: in function ā€˜xpcallā€™
radiant/modules/events.lua:285: in function ā€˜triggerā€™
radiant/modules/events.lua:398: in function ā€˜_trigger_gameloopā€™
radiant/modules/events.lua:446: in function ā€˜_updateā€™
radiant/server.lua:62: in function <radiant/server.lua:59>

Btw same messeage for every Hearthling ofc.

If you scroll up a bit in the thread, youā€™ll see solutions for this :slight_smile:

Heya Folks.

Thank you all for your patience. Unfortunately real life has finally caught up with me meaning I am less able to spend time developing and updating the mod.

The mod is now compatible with Version 789 :slight_smile:

There are still a few minor glitches that need fixing such as drink quality thoughts - but they are locked behind lua and are a little more problematic to fix (more time needed)

Iā€™ve fixed the Apiary Questline not progressing due to missing kick command.
Iā€™ve fixed it so that Hearthlings no longer sit staring at drinks while slowly dying of dehydration
Iā€™ve fixed the AI issues with the Pig and Yak.
Iā€™ve added drinks to each loadout to make dehydration less of a pain at the start of the game.

Iā€™ve also added appeal to items that needed it.

If there is anything you think Iā€™ve missed, or you discover a bug due to the limited time I have had to test then please let me know.

Future updates will include a specific well to Rayyas Children craftable by the potter.

Many thanks for your continued interest in this mod - thereā€™s life in the old girl yet.

Update: Added Hearthling drink animation.

Update 2: I am aware that there is an awful lot of log spam going on. Seems harmless so Iā€™m going to adopt the car exhaust metaphorā€¦ itā€™s rattling but it hasnā€™t fallen off yet and therefore doesnā€™t need fixing! - Fixed on my machine

16 Likes

Yay! Wonderful to see you, Froggy.

3 Likes

Great to see you back Froggy! Just want to say thank you so much for developing and maintaining both this mod and Frostfeast. They are my absolute favourites and have inspired me to try try to learn how to create my own mods.

5 Likes

Awesome work on the mod Froggy. So far all is working as intended. My hearthlings are happily drinking.

I had one small problem I had to fix. I use better storage and had to add a category to the sedated queen bee so I could put it in inventory. It wouldnā€™t craft the apiary otherwise. Other than that itā€™s a dream :slight_smile: Love it!

BTW playing latest alpha build.

Unka Bean

I like your work on the mod. I use better storage mode together with your mod. But the drinks, food and queen bee I canā€™t put in to the storage. Can you make this so that it can work well with better storage mode?

One again, thank you for your hard work on this mode. BTW i am playing latest alpha build.

JT

for this the better stockpile mod needs an update :wink:

Nope. The mod author of Better Stockpile stated they arenā€™t doing any more patches for mods, the mod authors need to set up compatibility themselves.

then its will never happens ^^ because the stockpile preferences and requirements changes with every update. so when the better stockpile author has stopped support - give it up - no author will do the work and change the mods of other authors.

I am currently working on doing a work around for the better storage for mods. I did archipelago, see Unka Beanā€™s helping hands thread. I am also waiting on Froggyā€™s permission to post the better storage version of this mod.

BTW Froggy playing latest apha build and your mod seems to be working great :slight_smile:

Unka Bean

Oh I understand where youā€™re coming from but, by the same token, the creator of Better Storage is being expected to keep up with every change of any mod that has items that go into storage and, every time they change, theyā€™re expected to create a new patch for it. Either way, itā€™s going to be inconvenient for someone, better the mod creators take care of it themselves.

I think what Wiese is trying to say is there is no way to make CafƩ compatible with Better Storage. Better Storage overrides the stockpile_filters.json, which means I cannot mix in to them due override trumping mixins.

Hopefully the devs will implement a mod loading order, so that my mixin can be applied to his override, until then its not possible.

Well it is, but that involves finding a best fitā€¦ so storing drinks as say Strength tonics. Itā€™s a hack, and not something I am willing to do.

7 Likes

yes thatĀ“s what i mean ^^ sry that i could explain it easily ^^