[Mod] Slabs with terrain colors [A20+]

Work at 21 Alpha.I played yesterday.

1 Like

This mod isn’t working for me in A21. I have the latest version and placed the file in the mods folder for steam. And reasons why it won’t work?

It says in game when enabling mods that its an ‘Invalid Manifest’

Are you sure you’re running A21 and that you got the latest download of this mod?
I just downloaded it from the first post, put it into the mods folder of the A21-r707 and it doesn’t say ‘Invalid manifest’.

Perhaps the invalid manifest you saw is from another mod? :confused:

I playing with this mods from A21 unstable version to this days. Artifacts did not notice.

Does this mod work with the latest unstable A22 version?

i use it for unstable A22 without any problems

3 Likes

Can farmland be zoned on this artificial grass?

No, Farmland can not be zoned on these tiles.

1 Like

Do we know if the game will support placing actual dirt blocks in the future? Seems like a very integral feature for a game like this.

In the meantime, many thanks for this mod! :slight_smile:

Edit: will there be an A23 version of this???

It should still work on A23 (that’s why I left the thread’s title as “A20+”, to not have to update it every alpha).
Let me know if it doesn’t work.

@Relyss will you upload this to the workshop?

1 Like

AFAIK @Kittyodoom added these colors to her mod(Building Colors v3.0 [A23+] & Clay Gen [A23+]), which is already in the Workshop.

I hope someday we get the terrain tool for the new builder :pray:

3 Likes

They are indeed! All of @Relyss’s are added per the original resources and names, tagged [Terrain]. Additionally, I added most of the biome mod terrains to my clay resource in it - I say most, because I haven’t checked the biomes on Steam for their colours yet to see if there’s any in there that are absent

3 Likes

Hello!

I added this to my game again and was wondering if there was a list of which color goes with which in-game block. I’m having trouble matching the dirt colors to fill in some trenches I made. Thank you!

This particular mod is no longer needed, as the terrain colors are part of the base game now I think :thinking:

It’s kind of hard to see the colors since in build mode the background gets a bit darker, but after they’re built if you close the building menu they’ll match.

Look in the stone material:
If you hover over the last colors, it’ll say ‘Earth’ and ‘Earth edge’. Those are the colors for the dirt found below the grass on the temperate biome. Mind that the colors of the terrain change depending on the season and the biome, so they might not match. The colors of the desert are under the clay material.

You can also restore terrain with the geomancer, which should match the colors.

I know it’s been a year, opps, but I’m trying to fill in a dirt hole with the original terrain tools, and they’re off just enough that my OCD says I can’t use any of them. Do you think perhaps you can update it to the newest patch? (ACE V.0.9.4.6)

I can give you an alternative for new saves at least, there is bruno’s extra map mod that lets you disable dirt holes in map generation. Steam Workshop :: Extra Map Options

A Geomancer will let you fill those holes with actual dirt, rather than building blocks. Use the “surface terrain patch”, it will automatically figure out what the grass colour for that world level should be.

Also, the game contains the terrain colours by default now within the building editor, so this mod is redundant now because it’s included in the base game. The grass colours are under the wooden building blocks, and most of the others are under stone.

2 Likes

The problem with building “grass” is that it will not be actual grass, so you can’t add farms on top for example, or mine it later.
Even though we have in the vanilla builder the grass colors, it still not matching, as each season changes the shade of the grass colors, and the builder block colors do not change.
So, as Yeti explained, the best solution is using a geomancer, they spawn actual terrain block, you can farm on those, mine them, and they change with seasons

3 Likes