[Mod] Settlement Decor Mod [Download available]

For some reason i cannot farm when i install this mod :[

1 Like

@Miturion unfortunately no, as the model relies on being placed on some sort of wall or in this case a cliff face also because it is modeled to fit over a mine entrance the lamp would clip through the ceiling of the mine. Though I could certainly create a different model that would work within a mine.

@chlorate Just to clarify are you using any others mods that could be causing conflicts?

Also how exactly cant you farm can you not plot out farms, do workers not farm anything or can you not select things to plant?

Farming isn’t something I normally test as the mod doesn’t affect farming much but I can think of a couple of files that could cause issues that I may have overlooked. I’m not in a position to fix it now but I will take a look soon.

1 Like

I see.

Would be cool, but no pressure.

1 Like

Hi there! I thought it was the conflict between different mods at first too, however is still the same when I delete all the files and reinstall it with just this mod. Farmers can still plot the farm but whenever I click to choose things to plant, there is no icon and instead a bug report came up saying settlement decor do not have alias with sunflower… Or something like that, thanks in advance!!

1 Like

Thanks for the extra info, I’m aware of what is causing this problem and it is what I initially suspected but a fix should be easy, so expect it soon.

I wonder if you might be interested in creating a separate mod (or integrating into this one) some functionality that makes use of the metal ingots and such from my Blacksmith and Ores mod? I’ve had a ton of decor suggestions from folk and it would be much more fitting to have most of it in your mod. Thoughts?

Its a nice idea but I’m struggling to find the time to keep this mod alone updated, might be something I could do in the future but right now I wouldn’t be able to get much done.

I’m back with good news, thanks to the help of @honestabelink the gardener is back and working again as it was previously. There are also lots of other small changes and fixes such as to farming and some of the recipes.

This new version of the mod will require the installation of @RepeatPan’s Jelly.

You can get that here https://github.com/Quit/jelly/archive/master.zip

1. Download jelly-master and extract the files to your stonehearth mods folder
  2. Rename the file to jelly
  3. Download settlementdecor and place it in the same stonehearth mods folder

I spent a lot more time testing this version so hopefully it shouldn’t be as buggy as the last but something may still have slipped through, if so let me know.

5 Likes

Updated for alpha 8, the mod should now be compatible with Stonehearth alpha 8. Some other note worthy changes to the mod are that the Gardener’s tool has been moved so that it is now crafted by the blacksmith rather than the carpenter. I have also added 5 new recipes.

Firstly the sarcophagus that can be crafted from a tombstone by the mason to upgrade your most famous Stonehearthians to more decorative accommodation in the afterlife.

Secondly a stone version of the previously seen wooden mine entrance. Useful as a underground city entrance to.

A Guardian statue the first of the stone statues I will be adding.

There is also a luxury stone chair and stone version of the garden bed. As well as some other small changes and fixes that you may notice.

Don’t forget to also use the latest version of jelly or you will run into problems.

12 Likes

A new update and compatibility with alpha 9 is here. In this update I have added a variety of new stuff. Firstly and new plant called foxfire (based on a real plant and not a misspelling of the browser). This plant is quite rare and will only spawn in the foothills, it also cant be grown as a crop. You will spot it from the blue glow that it emits. This plant is needed to get foxfire slime which is then used to create foxfire lanterns that will emit blue light.

Next is 2 new stone statues the traveler statue and the statue of fortune. You may also find when digging in the dirt that you get some clay this will be used by the next profession that I add, shouldn’t be too hard to guess what it will be. I have also added a new stone window.

Another change is that to promote someone to the gardener they must first be a level 1 farmer, I find this to be a more logical job progression. Changes to the job tree also mean that Jelly is no longer needed for the mod o work.

With these new additions this now means that the mod has exceeded my initial goal of adding 50 new items to the game, therefore I feel like the mods development is coming to a conclusion though I may try and get to 75 items total. Once I have done this I will make a final pass over all of the models to make improvements, balance recipe costs, levels and such. This doesn’t mean that once this is done the mod will be abandoned as updates will need to be made to ensure a working compatible mod as Stonehearth updates but new content likely wont be added, at least not for a while. This does mean I can then begin work on another Stonehearth mod as I have a few things I would like to do separate from this mod.

9 Likes

Mainly I’m here to thank for the mod. Amazing work!

Secondly I have a little bug regarding the stockpiles. Apparently modded items don’t go to stockpiles.

Thanks glad you like the mod.

As for the bug you mentioned I haven’t been able to replicate it and there have been no changes that I can see as to how Stonehearth categorizes items into the stockpiles. You may want to check that you have a stockpile that can accept items of the construction category as the items not stockpiled in the image are all of that category. Also you could try placing them and then undeploying them that may fix it.

Hmm it seems more complicated now because carpenter stores some of the mod’s items just fine but majority is left on ground hanging. And I have storage for decorating items but also a storage accepting all goods. Anyway these little bugs dont mess up with gaming experience so much : D

Its been a while, but I have a released a new version of the mod it should now be compatible with alpha 11. Also a thanks to @sdee for helping me out with some bug fixing on this one.

This version introduces the potter, a new class to make use of the clay resource for crafting vases, clay bricks, a plant pot and a garden gnome, with more stuff to come. There are also some other some small changes within the mod to improve the overall quality.

Hopefully the next update will be soon adding some more stuff to the potter and some extra stuff for the other professions, I will also work some more on improving the quality on the mod as I reach version 1.0.

4 Likes

Hi.

Great mod but t seams to be missing the Potter’s Chisel !!

Auzze

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out, though its not missing, I just forgot to alter one of the descriptions, originally I called it the potter’s chisel and it was crafted by the carpenter now its called the fettling knife and is crafted by the blacksmith I will fix this and release a new version.

2 Likes

Hello I am in 10.5 alpha
and I put mod but I will not have the keel printing works because I can not find how to make the object in the business.
Voilas I hope your solution or other-because I’m not disappointed that his walk!

I’m assuming English isn’t your first language and I’m having trouble understanding exactly what the problem is that you are having. Do you mean that the mod isn’t working at all or just some objects in the mod? I use alpha 11 for development of the mod now so there could be problems with alpha 10.5 but after a quick test I didn’t notice anything obvious.

@The_M i believe that @Sifemacak is saying that they cant find what crafter crafts the talisman for promotion.

If that is the case @Sifemacak both of the talismans for the potter and gardener are crafted by the blacksmith.

3 Likes