Michael's Templates

Fixed Silverthorn House 1

3 Likes

Hi, I’m new to templates and stuff. When I downloaded the files they were in a different format to .json? What do

So excited for this!

There is a separate folder for templates. In case of steam installed its located under

Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_objects\stonehearth\building_templates

I’ve you place the zipped out files there you should be able to find them in the custom template tab ingame. If you have more questions feel free to ask

Just find your stonehearth folder, usually under steam in your PC. If you can not find it, and have a shortcut on desktop, just right click that and select properties, it will tell you the location. Just follow it. Once you have found folder go this this area.

If in Steam follow:

Steam/steamapps/common/Stonehearth/saved_objects/stonehearth/building_templates

If not in Steam:

Stonehearth/saved_objects/stonehearth/building_templates

Place all downloaded templates (all of json and png) in there

I’ve done all that but my templates are all in a different format to .json

What format are they DLing too? Becuase it should be in the zip file and look like this

example:
silverthorn house 1.json <—actual file of build
silverthorn house 1.png <—picture of the build

and those only go to your building template folder in stonehearth

1 Like

Oak Trees

ST Golden Oak Tree.rar (12.0 KB)

ST Red Oak Tree.rar (11.9 KB)

Kinda took ur advice @coasterspaul

5 Likes

Mine don’t come in a zip file

When you download a zip file or .rar file, and after is alrady DLed. you should only see the the .json and png file inside automatically, not a zip. Just move the files to the right folder in buildingtemplates under stonehearth.

If the file is a .zip, that’s true, as any O.S. can do that. But for .rar file you need a software that can open that extension, else the O.S. will not understand the file (blank file icon)

You are compacting it as .rar, so the users needs to have something like winrar or 7zip.

I recommend for your next uploads to compact into .zip extension.

1 Like

True, but I like Winrar as it will pretty much open anything sent. zips included
other factor, Zip u can use for free for 21 day then must pay. Win rar u can use the evaluation copy w/o paying at all

No, I’m not talking about a Zip software, I didn’t even knew there was a software called Zip. I’m talking about the file extension .zip. That is free, anyone can use it. It doesn’t even need a software (like winrar or this Zip you mentioned), the Windows itself can open it like any other folder, in fact, many users think a .zip file is a folder, cause their icon is similar and they work almost the same.

I use Winrar myself, but if I uninstall it, I would not be able to open .rar. But .zip would still work, cause windows can open it. :slight_smile:

(You can compact it like .zip in winrar, that’s what I do)

1 Like

Should i remove the tree’s, as the season mod has been added in the last day?

personally think you should leave them, since not everyone likes to use mods :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will be adding soon, Just need to finish Silverthorn up first. its coming along nicely.

2 Likes

Potter house Uploaded on thread

click the link to get the Dl’eds

2 Likes

I appreciate you posting and sharing these. The Herbologist house give me several issues. They cant seem to place the 2nd story rear lantern or window frame. They also wont place the work station.
I have to teleport my worker out from under the stairs, she is stuck every time. I have attempt to build 3 times with no completion.

1 Like

So since A21, i have noticed some building issue with previous blueprints, I’ll take a look at it when i get a chance and see whats going on

Well i Built it in A21 3x I have not had any issue with it, no one got stuck, the window, some time get place some times not. u just need to build a ladder for them to reach it if they dont place it (sometime they will place the ladder on the stair case to get to it, sometime they wont) the second story always got build. Please make sure ur on the latest build of the game.

here are pics of the progress of the build in A21

One thing i did notice was a mistake on my part with the brown spot on back wall, so i will probably do a slight fix on it there, and maybe erase a block at stair, if yall worried about hearth getting stuck

4 Likes