MechanicalMod v0.9.2

As a huge fan of the Better Than Wolves mod for Minecraft I can’t but ask you to check it out.
Your work is amazing, just amazing. Thank you for deticating your time to this.

@SteveAdamo You need to give this guy a title. He’s on a roll.

Sweet mod by the way. might try it out.

5 Likes

Hmmm like Spoilermaster? ^^

3 Likes

I have to see this!!! Unfortunately, I can’t play until next Monday :frowning:

Is it in any way similar to this:
http://user1.netatonce.com/~u25626/Empire/img/mill_dark.gif

1 Like

@law - I already have plans to add a conveyor belt but still working on it. Not ready for release yet but it’ll be here eventually.

@Heinrich - BTW and RC (RotaryCraft) have been a large part of inspiration for some of the initial mechanics and machines. Many of the machines from BTW I already have in this mod and there are plenty more on the way :smile:

@phector2004 - More like this: Spinning mule - Wikipedia

I’m at work right now but I’ll post some screenshots of the Spinning Mule machine when I get home.

2 Likes

orrr like the exisiting loom [/SPOILER] [SPOILER]

1 Like

A spinning mule takes raw fiber and produces thread or yarn automatically with mechanical power. A loom, on the other hand, takes thread or yarn and produces cloth from it. Two different halves of the fabric process. If I add an industrial loom machine it will probably be something like this: Lancashire Loom - Wikipedia.

1 Like

Try unzipping the smod file and place the unzipped folder in stonehearth/mods. Delete the smod file. That fixed it for me.

@Miturion, is the smod file that I uploaded somehow corrupt? If so I should be able to fix it pretty quick. I tested before I uploaded it so maybe google drive is doing something weird. Can you post your log using the smod file so I can see what is going wrong?

I recall this problem from a long time ago. It was suspected to be a 7zip problem if I recall correctly. Zip it with winzip or winrar.

But great work on the mod. :+1:

1 Like

I get this error when trying to place down a drive shaft or a grinding mill. I placed the driveshaft without a windmill or anything. But even when near a windmill it gives the assertion error at when a worker placed the object.

Really? I’ve been using 7Zip for years and use it on Stonehearth’s smods all the time, never had an issue, just as a side note every mod for Stonehearth for me HAS to have it’s smod unzipped, the funiture mod, sabers mod etc and they worked fine that way, but not as a smod.

I use a portable 7zip executable for creating/extracting smod files in SHED and haven’t had any problems either.

Now see that’s just plain weird because I don’t even have 7zip installed. I use WinRar for everything. Will have to look more into this.

Can you please post your Stonehearth.log file? I have an idea what’s going on but I really don’t know for sure and I really need as much info as I can get. Are you able to place anything besides the wind sail machine? Do any of the machines you place run their animations?

Then it is something else. But when I unzip it and zip it into a json file myself it works fine.

The animation is working. I have send you the log file.
I dont have the watermod installed. There is not anything else I can place.

I got your log file @Miturion and was able to reproduce the problem. Pretty sure I have it fixed now for the next version :smile:

I’ve got quite a few things underway for the next big update right now but I’ll probably release it in two parts since this fix is rather critical and needs to go out asap.

1 Like

great work. :panda_face:

1 Like

Wearily I have the first half of the next big update completed as v0.4.0. Been up all night working out all sorts of weird bugs and laying in some groundwork for what’s next. Here’s the details:

• Fixed animation crash (hopefully)
  • Fixed infinite power bug
  • Fixed broken machine title saving in details view (you can now rename machines!)
  • Improved power transfer and friction loss
  • Increased power output of Wind Sail and Water Wheel
  • Fixed several other misc bugs
  • Added start of Speed/Torque system
  • Added Gear Box Shaft
    • Changes speed on one side versus the other
    • Slider for setting ratio is in settings tab of machine details view
  • Added Gear_Box component

Aside from the bug fixes the other main thing in this update is the start of the speed/torque system. Right now it’s largely incomplete but the animation speed is sync’d up to the shaft speed at each machine. And if positioned just right the gearbox can speed up and slow down the shaft speed based on the configured ratio. Also there’s tons of tweaking still to be done so if anything seems off or friction is too low/high and so on please post your thoughts :smile:

As I’m very tired when releasing this there’s probably something I’ve missed or broken so please test asap and let me know what stuff is really fixed and what things I broke, thanks!

Enjoy! :smile:

6 Likes

Too good, update!I like this mod

@Miturion Have you had a chance to get the latest update and see if the crash and smod problems are resolved? They should be fixed but if not I really need to know so I can switch into bugfix mode for a bit before I continue with features that create more bugs :stuck_out_tongue: