Hi all. Discovered this game about a week ago. I really like it, but my questions have accumulated. Sorry if stuff has been asked before, I didn’t read through everything, but I searched bf posting.
Mods: ACE latest version, miner prof, crafter queue,stoneheart beam, extra map options
I’m playing Ascension on gentle (yeah I’m a wuss).
- Glowshrooms don’t count as mushrooms in my game, at least for the cook. Is that a bug or working as intended?
- I read through the brewer description, but I can’t figure out how to make ale (race specific?)
- What’s the point of mushroom colonies? Do I get more out of them if I craft and plant them?
- Who harvests or chops the tree farms and orchards, farmers only?
- Do the domesticated animals (not pets) ever die or do I have to kill them if I want meat?
- Are the weaver made backpacks decorative? So far I haven’t seen anyone picking up more than 3 items with a leather backpack equipped.
- Does it matter which way doors and windows face (arrowvise)?
- I’m almost ready to re-embark and play on normal (Ascension again). What’s a recommended Fighter/Population ratio (right now I can easily play with 30 hearthlings without too much lag)
- I was very lucky and got 4 autonomous cricket golems from traders. I love the little guys. Is there a way to cheat to get them again (trigger the encounter or so)?
- I have real trouble building fences. Right now my animals love to visit the others pens because I have these gaps that I can’t fill. Every time I place a short fence piece, it jumps back or forth 1 square.
Is there a trick to it? And also, can I use cave walls as borders for a pen?
Thx in advance.