Hey there All - just got this game recently and loving it - but ran into a few bugs which I figured I should report. Sorry if these are duplicates, and sorry they aren’t separated out into individual posts - there are a lot : /. Also sorry for the wall of text.
• You cannot click “loot” on a road, but you can loot on the ground next to a road and drag across – seems like a bug.
• Cannot click to finish building a designated zone on top of a tree or structure or designated zone.
• Sometimes, assigning an object to be picked up (and put in storage) and then telling it to be moved will not override the ‘pick up’ order, sometimes it will.
• You cannot click+drag over a UI element – the game actually slows down when this happens.
• Workers will often mine themselves into locations they cannot get out of, and then be stuck.
o Hearthlings have issues mining multiple layers at once – either they get stuck, or they decide to simply not mine something because it is one block out of place (or I can’t figure out why they wouldn’t mine something).
• Sometimes workers will mine the block they are standing on, and then fall a small ways and impact ‘into’ the ground up to their waists – where they will sit for a little while. At some point they will pull themselves out of the ground and go about their business.
• There is no limit to the number of ‘pets’ which can be tamed – so after leaving my computer on all night to see what would happen, I had something like 20-30 pets walking around my town and slowing down my computer.
• Hearthlings do not prioritize the harvesting of food over building – so if they are constructing a building and they run out of readily available food, they will starve rather than pick a berry off a bush a few feet away and eat it : /.
• Gravestones do not remember the last orientation they were in (when picking up and moving).
• It seems like you can’t tell archers to sit in a position – like a tower – and shoot at anyone who comes by. Defend just has them move to the location, and then they run out of the tower and attack when an enemy comes close.
• Cutting down trees is nice for gathering wood – but there is no real way to replace them. You can grow trees and place them, but they don’t actually grow on their own back to the same size they were before – and they also count against your inventory limit instead of going back to being controlled by the environment.
• There is an issue with soldiers where if they see an enemy and decide to kill it, there is no way to clear that idea from their little heads – like if they are almost dead or you want them to pick up a better weapon or armor. You can tell them to ‘move to location’ or any other command, and after they do that, they will still run back and try to fight that enemy without doing anything else first.
• When receiving a gift for killing all the goblins in the area, the guy doesn’t say what gift he is giving you and it wasn’t clear that the gift was going to my banner – took me a while to figure it out.
• Seeing into multi-level structures is difficult because the floors do not disappear in any of the building modes. Could the “Slice” visual mode work on buildings as well as environments, or is this a bug because it should already?
Thanks for reading!