Level 6 cleric obsession with casting major strength/healing on town folk

I have this bug but it is not only the level 6 cleric, it happened when I demoted all my clerics and made new ones, they were level 6 in less than 4 days by randomly healing everyone that moved. Now I have 3 clerics in my party hoping that one might actually follow the party to a battle and do some healing. It’s about 50/50 even with 3 of them. It is also affecting my morale scores as they don’t eat until they are practically starved, and sleep on the ground following around whichever villager they are focused on at the time. They will lose focus if the villager gets too far away, but mostly then just focus on the next closest person.

put those buggy clerics in a separate party and use the “green move arrow” to get them to the fights. They will stop casting if you use that. Eventually they will stop casting.
Some how using the “red fight” command triggers them to look for potential people to heal.

Hi,
Sorry I can’t look into why this is happening right now. Most of us are at a company new hire orientation this weekend and next week so we don’t have access to the code. Please use the work arounds mentioned for now. I will look into this as soon as I am able to.
Thanks for reporting on all these issues and apologies for the inconvenience!
-Yang

2 Likes

Yes like Archer different party too :wink:

i have 2 level 6 clerics and have yet to get this issue. though I also did a clean start, could that be part of the issue?

I have seen and reported on what I believe to be some other save compatibility-related issues with this build, so yes, I think that’s a good possibility.

It’ll be fun to see the change log a week and a half from now. :slight_smile:

i started a clean start when i had the bug on my level 6 clerics… they worked fine until they got to level 6 then they started only healing townsfolk with full hp endlessly… even over eating and sleeping and would not follow any orders i gave them except for move order… but theyd just go right back to healing the same guy after moving no matter how far away i told them to move.

1 Like

I started a new game with the combat update, hence I was playing on hard difficulty. when this happened.

1 Like

I’ve had this happen to me. It seems to start to happen when my trapper was attacked by a mob and the low HP warning came up. My cleric then kept healing him regardless of his hp.

1 Like

@Shagwagon did your buggy cleric persist trou a restart of the game?

It did a few times, but I think it’s settled now. I’ll start it up when I get home tonight to double check.

I had to manually control her a ton just to get her into battle. However now that my 2nd cleric has leveled up and is healing properly I just stopped manually controlling (and paying attention to) the 1st.

The 2nd is working just fine, but I haven’t had my trapper get into any trouble lately either.

Also to note the buggy cleric started bugging out at lvl 5, unlike other people’s reports here. I know this because she leveled to 6 while constantly healing the full hp trapper (free xp!).

alright its official my clerics gone healing crazy now

as an update I tried to manually disabling her job

and she still chased people around to heal

for some reason chopper is mainly chasing sonini mont around

it seems to happen because of the trapper whenever the trapper takes enough damage to need healing the cleric endlessly focuses the trapper… perhaps this is because the trapper functions as a makeshift combat unit… it will not run away from enemies and will fight back no matter how strong the enemy is it doesn’t work like all the other villagers.

see mine, nothings happened to my trapper

edit:

it seems that my cleric is all fixed now. the things I did since then

• unlicked clerics job
  • changed jobs of the person they were harassing with heals
    -restarted game
  • went and found ghoul haunted house and a ghoul treasure guy

not sure if any of these are what actually fixed it or a combination of them

Wild guess here but I don’t think it’s the trapper, but just anyone who flags the low hp notification. Maybe there’s something in the clerics healing AI that makes them focus the low hp unit that’s broken.

My cleric did eventually fixed itself, just checked. Again I did a lot of what @Simica_Na did with clicking and unclicking jobs and also manually controlling the cleric a lot.

What’s the body / hitpoints score of the people that are getting healed?

It might be that some people’s full health is so low the cleric still thinks they’re in need of healing.

Might it be cause by saving the game while he is healing? (its a habit of mine to do so after a battle I survived.) and then loading it up again… but I don’t remember if it was the case with this particular cleric…

My Cleric on Hard mode lvl 6 does not do that at all =/

Carefull Yohane, that how it started with Simica_Na too. XD

On topic. So i made a second cleric and got it to level 6 too. And for a time (2 weeks/month in game), all seemed well. until I just reloaded my game again.
Both of them are now trying to convert my trapper too! Someone else then the 1 clerics obsession.
Situation on the save: hard mode but ad a peaceful time and everyone healed up. I double checked the trapper and he was not hurt on reload. it did happen on a reload of a auto save… And I’m sure that before the save there was no healing being cast… I’m getting kinda ticks from that harp sound by now.

Back of topic. Are you guys seeing the crypt and a kobold+oger spawn ad the same time on the same spot?
I have seen it 2 times, but I was so intrigued that I forgot to take a screen :stuck_out_tongue:

I have started to notice this problem as well. In my last save I did not see it happening, but now when I send out my main party (cleric, knight, 2 archers, 2 footmen) all of the other party members will go where I want them to, but the cleric will stop by any hearthling and start casting heals on them.

Latest example: an orc and a few kobold wolves spawned near my trapper. I activated town defence to get my trapper heading back and sent my party out. The trapper died before I got to him, but my team started fighting the mobs. They were getting pretty beat up and not getting healed. The cleric did not go with them even though she is in that party. She was by the town banner, healing people already at full health there. Almost killed 3 of my fighters. I had to tell her to go to them with the Move To Location command so she could join the rest of the party.