Kickstarter - RimWorld

Indeed, an itch which has not been scratched for a veeeerrrry long time, mind you.

Anyway, back to the topic: RimWorld!

indeed… for anyone else needing more of the fix from this game, this youtuber has a pretty impressive LP going no… :+1:

With the fear system (Getting your Colonists to fear the “government” to maintain power) and the mention of altars/places to pray to/summon Void Gods, I can totally envision my Deathcult colony.

Put bodies in cages to inspire fear. Recruiting new members would be converting into cult members. Plus, void gods smashing raiders. What more could you want?

Hell, I may even name the colony Deathcult.

1 Like

Just downloaded my alpha version of Rimworld…AMAZING!!! Tough to play too, but definitely fun!
I can’t wait to see what else gets added but the game is already fun, and tough

Somehow I was invited into the testers group, and each new build has brought some interesting changes… This game is ridiculously fun, and I can’t wait to see where Tynan takes it… :+1:

I love this game, played the last build all night long and looking forward to a great alpha :wink:

Soon the colonists can eat muffalos and squirrels :smile: Can’t see any more potatoes :wink:

just watch for the boomrats… indigestion doesnt even come close:smile:

Tynan is planning on archeology and modding as the next two big fronts… but animal husbandry is getting lots of requests too…

Didn’t he mention cooking for the real alpha build? :smile: Muffalo steak with baked potatoes :yum:

yeah, i think the build slated for january will have animal husbandry/cooking as a “thing”… cant wait! :smile:

1 Like

Have the alpha installer sitting on my desktop right now, just have to find time to get it installed :smile:

find the time… and find it now… there are muffalo and boomrats that need purging!

After wrestling with my wallet (and couch) I have finally come up with the funds to kickstart the game, turns out it was funded a week ago :frowning:

Anyone know when there will be a ‘buyable’ build or if it has a paypal thats still open?

yes sir, you can still purchase the pre-alpha… just head here, scroll down and select the influencer tier ($30)…

you might not get the build until mid month (but hopefully sooner)… have fun! :smile:

I know you kooky Americanos believe Autumn is call ‘Fall’ or ‘The Fall’ but I have never heard of ‘mid month’

hahaha… thats purely a result of the campaign, and when Tynan (the developer) would have access to his complete list of backers…

Kickstarter Campaign has concluded and was successful. For those still interested visit:

http://ludeon.com/blog/studio/

I don’t believe the opportunity to purchase the game is still active but show some love.

@SteveAdamo or @Geoffers747 I think this one is done. :smile:

1 Like

You can still purchase it using paypal for some time :wink: You find the link at the lower right on http://rimworldgame.com/ and can get the pre alpha there as well. Its’ a lot of fun to play even in this early state of development and there are some mods already :wink:

actually, indefinitely, as far as im aware… access to the alpha now, and eventually the full game later next year… but folks will always be able to purchase the title…

on the development front, Tynan is (i believe) working towards a major update to the sound system and modding interface…

2 Likes

this has got to be one of the most frustratingly fun game I’ve played in a long time :).
On a side note, does anyone know if the communicator for ships works, and if so how to use it? I’ve built one and put someone beside it with good social skills when a starship goes by, but have never been able to trade.

if you have the comm station built, you simply have to right-click on it to instruct the selected unit to open communications with the passing ships… :+1: