Job exclusive to kingdom graphic issue

Hi,
i’m trying to make some jobs exclusive to my custom kingdom but i can’t make the abilities to show up in the interface:

• Job interface
  • Heartling abilities tab

Inked20180519215546_1_LI

The abilities buffs work but the icons are not there… (red)
The buff icons at the side of the heartling works (green/blue)

i changed the mixins:job:index into the manifest and this works but also makes the job available to the ascendancy and rayyas (that’s what i want to avoid)

i believe that those icons are being loaded from the stonehearth manifest only. Sadly i can’t prove it so i’m not 100% sure of it :sweat:

thanks

Hello I was having the same issue. Are you renaming the footman or making a whole new footman?

Because I was just renaming it would keep loading the stonehearth alias(not what’s happening to you) but when I tried to make it it’s own class, with everything custom, then it would give buffs but not show abilities(what’s happening to you). I think @max99x told me that one of the services use the main job index only.

So I’m guessing a hacky way around might be to have 2 description files for your custom classes.
In such, one will set the enabled tag to false and act as a definition for the class
and
the other one that mixins the first and sets the enabled to True.
You will also need 2 job index one that mixinto default job index and the other that mixins from default that your kingdom uses.
NOW
I’M NOT SURE IF THIS WILL WORK
and
THERE MIGHT BE AN EASIER SOLUTION

Ps. For my issue, renaming class abilities,
I hotload a manifest if the kingdom is selected and mix my en.json to the stonehearth one
[I feel that this is pretty dirty and shouldn’t be done xD]

1 Like

This is my footman/knight issue isn’t it owl?
The way the abilities are named is terribly inconvenient, that’s for sure…

1 Like

@Wouter_Sikkema yes sir XD might as well try to help everyone with the issue.

1 Like

Instead of adding your job to the overall job index, at it to a custom index, and make your kingdom load that new index instead. This way it will not appear in the other kingdoms.

1 Like

@BrunoSupremo that requires a lua file to load the job index right?

No, at your kingdom json, there is a field where you set a job index, so you can set your own. Then on your job index you add only the jobs you want (your newly created and/or vanilla)

i did that and the abilities icons are missing :sob:
it’s only cosmetic so no serious problem btw

If you have a new kingdom, with its own job index (that is not a mixin or importing from the common index) and in it you have your own job (also not a mixin from a common other job), then you just go into your perks at the job json and edit them there. There are fields for names and icons.

@OwlGo managed to fix it on my end but I don’t fully understand the arcane method he did it with, maybe he can give a hint?

@Wouter_Sikkema with your and the dark wizard permission, may i see what he did? i don’t know if i’m missing something.
i have the job_description json with all the perks and it works with the job_index in the mixintos but not in the kingdom

Hello. I copied the code from rayyas children. And adjusted it to be a new manifest and @Wouter_Sikkemas kingdom.
But if you are not building it off an existing job Bruno believes you can do it without any of this

then i think i should keep trying and breaking stuff :laughing:

thank you all
i will report back if i make any progress

1 Like