Item size has increased greatly

When you look at it, it seems only to apply to objects that can be moved/harvested while not beeing destroyed in the process.

Who would want to get rid of this cool bug?

Dont get me wrong it is a neat bug. But slightly impractical with camera angels n such. Building structures I would imagine to be hard. And for those that would actually want to play the game as intended

1 Like

If you find a fix for it, please let me know. I have this to.

hey there @Hahentamashii, just merged your thread to over here.

this bug is so weird, for some reason everything is rendering with a scale of 1. usually things like the firepit, logs, silkweed, etc. would render with a scale of 0.1 (or 0.15)ā€¦

Good morning everyone!

No, itā€™s normal other than size. Iā€™ll see about the picture, though. I admit it does look interesting, my hearthlings in a world out of size with them, and it would be cool to play around in, except youā€™d need to be able to build at the size of the hearthlings. Maybe a giant biome is in the works XD.

No, no mods in. I had frost freeze in a bit ago, but itā€™s been off for a while.

It is really weird. I can try a clean install if thatā€™s what you want. I havenā€™t been actively playing, but with the new update I thought Iā€™d start a fresh game. This is a peaceful game, I donā€™t know if that means anything. Let me know if you want me to upload my save file before I do I reload. Iā€™m going to go start another game and see if it happens again or if itā€™s a one off. Still itā€™s a strange bug. XD

1 Like

The new game was the same. This is so weird.

It does work but you canā€™t see the flame because itā€™s tiny/normal like the hearthlings are.

2 Likes

i donā€™t know if it will fix the problem, but i do suggest trying a clean installā€¦

CalebD already uploaded a save, so we should be good, but you can still upload it if you want, never hurts to have 2 saves for comparison :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you uninstall the game ?

1 - Uninstall StoneHearth from Steam GUI
2 - Delete manually the folder :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth
3 - Install StoneHearth from Steam GUI

No, Iā€™m waiting to see if theyā€™d like my save file.

Maybe do a backup in other folder like ā€œMyDocumentsā€ for example or another location for yours saves files if you are afraid.

1 - Copy the folder :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games
to
"MyDocuments"

I have just started a fresh install and a new game from my old computer and no bug at all.
Something fishy :wink:

Yes, go ahead and upload your save and we can take a look. After that, do try a clean reinstall.

1 Like

We do have a bunch of renderer changes here, and I do remember this happening before, to @Geoffers747, in fact. Paging @not_owen_wilson, in case it triggers a memory. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello all,

Can those affected please go to Stonehearthā€™s graphics settings (bring up the main menu, go to ā€˜settingsā€™, and make sure youā€™re at the ā€˜graphicsā€™ tab), and tell me what the ā€˜display adapterā€™ text reads? You can post a screenshot, or just copy it out.

My suspicion is that the new renderer is triggering some bugs on older graphics drivers (looking at you, Intel), so making sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date may help (see updating your drivers at Some Technical Stuff ā€“ Stonehearth).

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m having a hectic day, sorry I havenā€™t gotten back to you all.

I had a minute so I grabbed a peak at the graphics tab.

It reads

Display Adapter: IntelĀ® HD Graphics 2000 (3.1.0 - Build 9.17.10.4229)

So I just downloaded Alpha 16 and large ghosts of entities like berries, flower, village flag and alike started appearingā€¦ See the screenshot.

So yeah, is this normal? :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems to be releated to this Item size has increased greatly
@8BitCrab ?

I really have to say itā€™s quite cute and extremely funny though!

Movie on DropBox

2 Likes

Might be, but the original items are still there, with a larger ghost on topā€¦

And here we go with some building!

1 Like